Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many hatches does it take to get dream pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2017
I always wondered how people do it, and how long it takes them to get their dream pet. I hatched with a triple damage and double resist life pet, it got to teen and got life boon, if I want my friend's amazing life pet, about how many hatches will it take, or is it completely random? Just asking if anyone would know because I'm a noob at training pets

Duncan LifeBringer~lvl 64 life
Duncan IceCaster~lvl 120 death

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you're starting with strong pets, you can get a functional pet within 2-5 hatches. By functional, I mean it has 4 excellent talents and one you maybe don't want but at least it isn't 'selfish,' plus stats that are mostly over 200. This is the kind of pet that will help you in general questing and further hatching, but it isn't "Perfect" and won't do for PVP.

To get the truly perfect pet, you'll need somewhere between 7 and 70 hatches. No joke. It takes about 7 generations to transfer over talents but along the way there are going to be dozens of genetic wrong turns that result in "failed pets."

Assuming your friend is willing to do multiple hatches with your Life Boon pet, you have two choices:

1) Train it to adult and hatch it with your friend's perfect again.

2) Try a fresh hatch and hope the next baby develops better talents. Then train to adult and hatch again with your friend's perfect pet.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you clone a pet, that is hatch with a pet that has exactly what you want multiple times as you progress your own pet, the average is 7 hatches, keep in mind it can be 5 or it can be 15 lol

If you make a pet from scratch it could be between 50-100 hatches

As with everything wiz it is pretty random, your best bet is to find someone with the talents you want who is willing to keep hatching until you get the pet!

Good luck!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It really depends on your situation. I was never able to get people to commit to helping me get a dream pet, so I was stuck with looking for people who had the talent I needed. I got my quad damage critical storm pet through a hatch with someone who had a lot of the talents I wanted, that was luck but then again I deserved it since it took years to get. After that pet I hatched with another of my pets and got a double triple storm pet.