Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pierce is way too broken, we need to talk!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Hi all,

Today I was just doing some pvp and I thought I was doing better than usual so I decided to do more, and then there were two people who had way too much pierce. When someone hit me with a spell, my tower shield didn't do anything. That's right, Ice's most important spell was completely pierced like it was a paper towel! No fair!!! Pierce has made completely defenseless (no pun intended). I don't mind the idea of pierce because then if there were no pierce and would have a hard time fighting enemies and players with high resist, but there needs to be a way to counter pierce! and are to a degree discriminated against in pvp! Poor can't use their minions because the computer is random enough to use a feint with a blood bat. Anyway, it's one thing if constantly criticaling wizards with over 100 damage are able to one hit kill you, but it's another thing if there's no way to not let that win them the match. I did say I don't mind the idea of pierce, but I think there should also be a stat that counters pierce and a nerf on pierce gear!

Thank you for reading
-Your friendly neighborhood man

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Not sure what level you are, but keep in mind you still had the resist from your gear left over so you were not defenseless at all!

Pierce is needed these days to get through the insane resist people have! My max ice has 61% resist without even doing anything special.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Pierce was KI's solution to the towering resistance Wizards, (mostly Thamaturges) were having. Like you said, it's not fair to other schools fighting against these wizards as their attacks wouldn't do much.
My point, Pierce isn't broken, at least not yet and as was mentioned earlier, you still have your resistance behind that tower.

and it's minions are other story.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I barely bother shielding any more because of pierce, unless I can put on a bolstered ward or use TC shield.

As a Balance Wizard, I mainly rely on resist and weakness.