Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Quests

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I'm wondering how many people do EVERY single side quest in every world?

I didn't do side quests before but now I've been doing every single one I've come across. I'm level 64 in District of The Stars in Celestia and I'm honestly surprised that sides can give such a big boost.

Feel free to post any other thoughts you have on sides as well. I want to know if people support being many levels ahead of the world you are in as well.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I have played every side quest on every world (up to the point where I currently am). I am level 74 and nearing the end of Zafaria and closer to the end then the beginning of Wintertusk.

I guess I'm a little OCD in that I cannot stand quest markers floating above people's heads. I also try to keep my quest list as cleaned out as possible.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I do every quest on one wizard, the others only do ones I feel like doing lol!

Survivor
Aug 08, 2016
Me! When I finish a world, I like to do all the side quests in that world before I start the next one. Currently working on side quests in Krokotopia and I'm quite a fan of them.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I believe that it's very important to do side quests in earlier worlds, they give decent experience boosts that really come in handy. I do most side quests in Wizard City and Krokotopia, about half of them in Marleybone and Mooshu, a little bit less in Dragonspyre, and pretty rarely after that. You should of course do side worlds like Grizzleheim and Wysteria, they are very much worth your time too.

All in all, I think sidequests are pretty important to do.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I have done every world and every side quest. Now I just help random others and people on my friends list. I also now have like 11 or 12 TP left over.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Usually I sweep an area and pick up all possible quests. Then I start on the main quest. It usually happens that working on main quests can whip out a few side quests at the same time, so in that way I get about half done without even trying.

The rest I usually go back for at some future point when I've finished the world and I want a top-up on experience or gold. This is the way my highest level wizards operated and it was never a problem because hitting the level cap always kept things in check. Rowan and Alia never got too far ahead of themselves.

But there are no level caps in play for the lower worlds. Because I usually do finish all side quests and dungeons (eventually), my younger wizards have ended up ridiculously over-leveled for Zafaria and Avalon. It's at the point where I've actually STOPPED doing side quests!

So now, I do the ones I know are important - that lead to spells, pets, training points, good gear, gardening, etc. I skip the ones that I know are optional, or at least put them off for 2-3 worlds and then come back much later when the experience won't push me too far ahead.

Alia Misthaven, 120 & did all sides quests & dungeons - right where she ought to be thanks to level caps
Rowan Ashcloud, 120 & same as Alia
Sierra Stormcaller, 97 & 1/3 through Khrysalis
Emma RavenCaller, 78 & halfway through Avalon - did all side quests but skipped most dungeons
Fallon Raven, 77 & still in Zafaria - see what doing all the dungeons and side quests will do to you?!