Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk or Celestia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2016
Hi all,
Ok so I have finished dragonspyre and am wondering which world I should do next.
I am a level 47 and have stuck exclusively to main sorry quests with the exception of spell quests (obviously), side dungeons (mt. Olympus etc), Colossus, triton underwater and side worlds such as wisteria and grizz.
I had every intent to do wintertusk next, but have done a few quests into the world and after my first defeat and collect I began to struggle. With 32% damage it's hard to kill 1.7k hop enemies with blizzard.
And doing a bit of Celestia I fought fire enemies with 900 hp.
So which should I do? My gut says Celestia until 50, by which point I'll have frost giant and strong, and then do WT. Bht should I focus on WT or CL entirely?
Thanks

Charles IceWhisper 47

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My earliest wizards had already completed Celestia when Wintertusk came out, but my later ones did Wintertusk starting at level 48 because I loved the challenge. I've come to regret that decision...

Wintertusk done ASAP gives a tremendous experience boost. Having the level boost is great for a while, but now I'm finding myself way over-leveled in Zafaria and Avalon. Not only has it made questing rather boring, it's frustrating to be ready for a spell level-wise, but not able to earn it because I haven't quested far enough.

No matter what you decide, Wintertusk would definitely be easier if you at least had your level 48 Frost Lord spell. So maybe do Celestia at least until you get that spell, then make your decision on which way to go.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 08, 2017
I know this is a little late, but I did wintertusk on my storm first and it was almost impossible. I beat it in about 1 day but soloing it is almost impossible. I quested with 3 other people and we beat everything pretty easy. So if you can find 2 or 3 or 1 person to help you, it should be no major problem.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2016
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Since you're , Celestia.

Wintertusk will pose a strong challenge for wizards, especially first timers.