Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Any tips for Darkmoor?

Simple as that. Positive and helpful tips please, or battle stories are also welcome!

I know there must be 100 or more past topics on this, but, they could be archived, I don't like to 'necropost' and also I'd rather discuss it with the current crop of players. It also could've been changed since those other topics were made.

So, any tips or stories? Feel free to contribute :)

Thanks!

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
SparkleTude on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:
Any tips for Darkmoor?

Simple as that. Positive and helpful tips please, or battle stories are also welcome!

I know there must be 100 or more past topics on this, but, they could be archived, I don't like to 'necropost' and also I'd rather discuss it with the current crop of players. It also could've been changed since those other topics were made.

So, any tips or stories? Feel free to contribute :)

Thanks!
Here's something that I found out a while ago: the type of gear a player has doesn't matter; the only thing that matters is what they have in their deck.

Try to plan stuff out before you get in the battles, and try to avoid going with completely random people every time. I always went with my friends and occasionally random people, so we basically just followed the same plan every run through. Also, we would make only one person start the battles every time to guarantee we went first. If the person went second, then they would flee and restart the fight.

Aegis and Indemnity are your friends.

Try to learn the cheats as you go through. For example, you will notice that Star Shane von Shane doesn't do Beguile as long as someone hits him every round. Dedicate a person in your team to just spam wand attacks on him. Don't keep going in the dungeon without knowing the cheats, and somehow expecting that everything will end up working well for you at the end. It won't.

Lastly, Kingsisle will be adding crafted gear to Polaris and Mirage in the upcoming Fall Update, which is expected to hit Test Realm either late October or early November. The crafted gear may be better than the Darkmoor gear, so you may just want to wait to craft that gear instead of farming Darkmoor...

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Darkmoor. Oh lord. Here goes.

1st boss: Howling Chaney

Just a generic boss who does not like healing. He's life, so he's simple. 3 Balance minions.

2nd boss: Sir Blackwater

The one who you need to hit before he does the storm cycle. Feints are countered by sacrifices, but you can feint the round the hitter hits. Storm resist, death resist. Cycles include Deathblade, Age of Reckoning, Virulence, Call of Khrulhu. After a few rounds, it is followed by Stormblade, Astraphobia, Galvanic Field, and Glowbug Squall. Hit before this, and make sure it kills.

Puzzle:

All you need to worry about is to use the Crimson lens first, polarizer, lever. I forget what the exact algorithem is, but death mobs with ~7.5k health.

Second Dungeon:

mob fight: you can avoid this by literally sticking to the walls or have a member sacrifice himself for others to get around.

1st boss: Ahktang Wormcrawl:

Note: Ahktang is actually not in Dragonspyre. Uses Steal Charm on blades, only one steal charm. This means that Elemental blades will be your only blades. If you have Aegis (Level 110) you may use that and blade regularly. No cheat cycles.

2nd boss: Spirit of Darkmoor

Beware of Earthquake and (possibly) efreet. Every blade is met with a Scald, and there is an eternal leviathan hit whenever one dies, I believe.

3rd boss: Shane von Shane

You need someone to spam every round. No feints are allowed.

Spell rewarded, third dungeon commences

1st boss: Yevgeny Nightcreeper:

All you need to worry about is to shatter right before the hitter hits + conviction first round in order to cast blades.

2nd boss: Shane Von Shane (//)

Oh my, where do I start with this one? You'll need a spammer, once again, and blade/hit quick while he has low pips. Steal Charm strategy is considerable, and it helps for one of your members to have enfeeble. Pray he doesn't use Glowbug.

3rd and final boss: Malistaire the Undying ()

Malistaire: He respawns with about 50% his health, but you can lower with Doom/Infections, high %.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Before you kill Malistaire The Undying, cast Doom and Gloom. He will re-spawn as Haunted Malistaire with 60,000 health.

Casting the Doom and Gloom before he does will reduce Haunted Malistaire's health to half.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
These are all great tips and bits of information.

Thank you, everybody.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
Make sure you have a dedicated team. Because people will leave. My experiences have been irritating because your team will say they’ll stay but when it starts getting tough they will leave. So make sure your team is dedicated enough.

Lauren Rosehaven 120