Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't figure out why I am boosting..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Hello again everyone!
In my eight years of playing this game I've never seen a wizard boost to anything and yet I'm having that trouble on my level 111 life wizard. I recently stitched my hat to crowl of undying malistare but that's all that has changed. I got the boots but I'd loose a lot of outgoing and incoming if I used them..they actually aren't that good..
My life boosts to fire, ice, and storm which has become a real problem when questing against bosses of any of those schools. I admit I don't have great resist because I focused on other things for my life wizard.
The other gear I use is
Sun's Circle Cloak
Leaf Shield Birsk Walkers

Goliath's Savage Slasher
Gust Right Blade
(Gems are attached to it those being Opaque Mana Opal, Plain Damage Jade, and Dull Pip Opal)
Armiger's Bravura Necklace
(Gems are attached to it those being Flawed Defense Amethyst and Polished Defense Onyx)
Seal Of The Lost King
(A gem is attached to it, a Clear Health Opal)
Epic Penumbra Drake
(gives death scarab, red ghost, death trap, and curse. Maycast vengeance and maycast dragonblade. Gives +30 global crits. And has a mega boost opal attached)
Mage's Hardy Spread
So..I am a tad confused...

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you're still using the Sun's Circle cloak at level 111, that could be part of the problem of "boosting" against you that you've noticed.

For example the Khyrsalis Life school crafted robe is Robe of Radiance Reborn. It gives you 12% universal resist, 20% Life damage, 51 Life Critical, 55/60 Death/Myth critical Block. The small loss of 4% healing is nothing compared to the 12% increase in resist.

Your best option is to keep hitting up Malistaire until you get one of his robes.

You're getting into the "third arc" of the game now. The gear choices are shifting away from healing and defense, more towards Shadow pips and raw damage.

The best gear for level 110-120 is:

1) Malistaire
2) Rattlebones Exalted 1-shot dungeon for robe, Krokopatra Exalted 1-shot dungeon for hat
3) Crowns gear (Professor, Ghulture & Wysteria for clothing; Immortals, Witch's or Road Warriors for wands)
4) Khrysalis crafted (plus crafted gear will be added to Polaris and Mirage this December!)

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have to say I am confused, if you boost on other schools it just means you do more damage to them than normal, not sure why this would be an issue?

If you are saying other schools are boosting on you, it is probably because some creatures now have pierce, if their pierce is greater than your resist, their spells will "boost" on your wizard

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I'm not sure why it's saying its boosting. Might want to consult KI about that if it actually says Boost over your wizard when hit.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I should have explained better..
It says the enemy is boosting on me.
As for the gear stuff honestly I'm not one for grinding. Besides I don't pvp because the pvp community tends to be rather toxic and my stuff hasn't failed me yet. I also hate grinding.
So far, when I am hit with balance, ice, fire, or storm(depending on the enemy it seems now) the word 'boost' will appear above my head.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
But Jasmine's answer seems to make the most sense to me. If that is true that is probably why. Thank you <3