Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bring back ALL bundles

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I will never understand why KI retires their bundles after whatever period of time. That to me sounds like a terrible marketing strategy. Over the years of playing W101 there have been so many bundles I just absolutely adored and dreamed of owning but lacked the money to purchase. Now that I have the money, the bundles are gone, probably never to be seen again except on once in a blue moon throwback Thursdays.

To tell you a small story, one of my neighbors and close friends Julia is studying to become a marine biologist, she loves the ocean and everything about it. I introduced her to the game awhile back and she noticed someone with all the Atlantis bundle gear, the weapon, the pet and the mount, which just happened to be her favorite animal, a humpback whale. When she asked me how she could get that stuff I told her it was a bundle but the bundle was retired and you couldn't get it anymore. She was flat out DEVISTATED. I felt so bad for her and I felt bad about myself for not showing her the game sooner when the bundle was still available.

I really think all bundles need to make a PERMANENT comeback or there should be a throwback Thursday every week with a random bundle back from the dead for sale for the next 24 hours.

KI, I love and adore your games, W101 was the first MMO I ever played. I met the most wonderful loving caring people on this game and it led me on to becoming a bigger and better gamer and a better person in real life. Please bring back bundles more regularly or please tell us why bundles NEED to be retired. I really cannot understand why they would ever need to be retired, its like unplugging a money machine and setting it on fire, there can't be any financial gain to discontinuing any bundle.

Love the game and the W101 community with all my heart!

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Bundle-palooza was just last month. During that event KingsIsle brings back ALL of their retired bundles and offers them online at a discount. Usually Bundle-palooza happens late August every year so keep your eye out next year. Another good time to check in is during December. There are a lot of events and sales then.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
If they don't retire the bundles and bring them back during special events, people will get used to them being there and not want to buy them. With the birthday celebration, I heard that the Majestic bundle and Epic bundles were being brought back temporarily, which in turn made me more eager to purchase it. Having all of the bundles on the website wouldn't get them more money, but perhaps cycling through the different bundles would help. For example, for a short time during each money bring back 1-2 older bundles that were popular, and those that were unable to purchase it when it was out originally have the chance to buy it now, along with the millions of players that also play the game.

Great idea, though!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
They LEGIT just had all of the bundles ever made back and available online for a long time last month, like all of last month I think. They had everything there AND at discounted prices.

"Bundle-a-Palooza"

They had everything online, Dino, Evergreen, Aztecan, Atlantean, Witch Hunter, Prehistoric
Literally all of them. Were you never online the entirety of last month?

I bought 3 bundles during the event. Dino, Aztecan and Evergreen.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Bundles are kind of like the McRib sand which at McDonalds It was a popular sandwich when it was first introduced. Then it waned in popularity to the point where McDonalds removed it from the menu entirely. The was such an outcry from dedicated McRib fans that McD brought it back for a limited time just to silence the vocal minority. It became such a hit in its limited re-release that it is now an annual event. (coming again this fall, yummy)

Such is the case with the bundles.

It is human nature to want what we cannot have and flock to said item when it becomes available, but if it is always there we take it for granted.

Steven Ghoststalker

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
To keep us excited about the bundles and other things, they rotate what is available. Then we feel like we have to buy NOW and snap them all up before they are gone. Pretty typical sales tactic and it works!