Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you transfer equipment between characters?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2017
I'm a level 13 Storm Wizard right now, and I recently received a Misty Mountain Mandolin. I would love to transfer this to another character once I make one, but I don't know if that's possible at all! Is there any way I can transfer this to a new character? Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I found out that's what the Shared Bank is for. Thanks for reading!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Cathexis Crow on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
I'm a level 13 Storm Wizard right now, and I recently received a Misty Mountain Mandolin. I would love to transfer this to another character once I make one, but I don't know if that's possible at all! Is there any way I can transfer this to a new character? Thank you for your time.

Yeah, go to your bank in your house and there is a tab for shared bank and an option to move tradeable gear between characters. You send it to your shared bank and can retrieve from your shared bank on another character by moving it to your backback or bank.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2017
You have to go to your house, open your bank and put the Misty Mountain Medallion in there, then go to your other wizard and open your bank. The medallion should be there.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Cathexis Crow on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:

Yup, you can do it. On the bottom right corner of the screen, you should see your Compass with 4 options underneath it. Click on the one that has a picture of a house, and which also says "Go Home" if you hover your mouse over it. (Another way to go to your house is by pressing on the HOME button on your keyboard)

You will get teleported to your Ravenwood Dorm, which will serve as a temporary home until you get the gold to afford a house. Simply look to your right, and you should see a chest. Walk up to it, and you will see that there's an option to interact with it. This is your bank!

Now that you're at your bank, click on the tab at the top that says "Backpack". This will show all the items that you currently have in your backpack. Now, find your Misty Mountain Mandolin in the Wands section, and you will see an option that says "Move To Shared Bank". Click on that!

Later, when you make another Wizard, go to your dorm again and walk up to the bank. Open the shared bank tab and you will find your wand there!

A helpful note that you should know is that your bank serves as a secondary storage for your items besides your backpack. If you put things in there, you can always access them later anytime you want as long as you're on the same Wizard that put stuff in there. As for the shared bank, anything you put in there can be accessed by any of your other Wizards on your account.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
In your dorm room or house, there is a chest that contains your Bank, Backpack, and shared bank. You can transfer the Mistry Mountain Mandolin to your shared bank for other characters.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2016
You can move the equipment into the shared bank, so provided the wizards are on the same account then yes, you can.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2014
As long as your new character is in the same account as your existing Wizard, you can transfer items using your shared bank. Just transfer the item from your Storm wizard's backpack to the shared bank, then logout and log back in with your new character. Then transfer that item from the shared bank to your new character's backpack! Have fun!

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I believe if you put your items in your shared bank it will work, I'm not 100% sure though as I have not really needed to do that quite yet. The shared bank is in the same place as your normal bank; in your dorm/house. It looks like a chest. I hope that helped!

Signed,

Iridian Ghoststalker Lvl 28

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Yup, you can transfer them.

First go to your house and find your bank. Then go to 'Backpack'. Click on the item you want to transfer and press Move to shared bank.

When you create your new wizard, go to your house, find the bank and click on Shared Bank. You should find it there.

Hope this helped :)

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, it is possible! You need to find your bank in your home (which is usually easy to find, especially in dorm room)
Then,you need to click on the item and press the "shared bank" button. On your other wizard, go to the bank, press the shared bank button again, and find the item, then press backpack to put it in that wizard's backpack. Hope this helps!

Survivor
Sep 06, 2017
I can't quote all of you, but thank you so much for helping! I didn't expect so many responses overnight! So, that's what the Shared Bank is for! :)

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
If the item isn't listed as "No trade" then yeah you can. Make sure you put it in your shared bank though

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 51
Mindy Rainflower 5