Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

500 crown gauntlets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
So I was looking in the crown shop and came across the one shot gaunlets that i had never seen before. Looking into it i found it was because they can only be bought with crowns.

Anyone know why that is? The gear isn't very good at all now and aside from a pet here or a mount there they seem to just be forgotten as they cannot be farmed as a drop

The only reason I could see is that the drop table is almost 100% gonna give you a piece of gear but just add a few other things in to the tables (like rattle, kroka, meowi etc exalted duels) or just lower the drop rates and make them drops given by Jade Oni or whoever really.

Just seems odd to have made them to be forgotten and never used, anyone know if there is a reason I am missing?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You can easily win these one-shot dungeons "for free" as drops from Rattlebones (Wizard City), Krokopatra (final boss of Krokotopia), Meowiarity (final boss of Marleybone), and the Jade Oni (final boss of Mooshu). I know I've also gotten them from the final dungeon of Zafaria.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?446587-Guide-to-Ultra-Farming-Dungeons-Drop-Locations

The Exalted hats and robes from Rattlebones and Krokopatra are considered to be very comparable to (and sometimes better than) Darkmoor gear, so I'm not sure why you think the gear "isn't very good" or that no one farms them...?

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
People may still buy them for the badges or to collect creatures for the monstrology tome. They were half price awhile back when they had the housing sales.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I thought some of the gear was up there with the malistaire stuff, so it's an alternate option. Although, imo, those singe battles in the exalted duels are more difficult than all of darmoor combined, especially since darkmoor has been nerfed to make it more accessable to more players.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the duels used to be dropped by a few creatures in game, including the starbust spiders in mirror lake. I remember them dropping a duel pretty much every time you fought them. Although lately I've decided I want to craft the storm mount which requires a mote of transport, and I've gone though mirror lake 3x and haven't gotten any duels. I guess they lowered the drop rates (typical).

But yeah, they definitly used to be dropped in game, and are still listed on the wiki is being dropped by various creatures, although now I'm wondering how up to date that information is. I'd love to know if they have been removed from in game drop tables entirely so I know whether or not I'm completely wasting my time.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Stealthhawk129 on Sep 6, 2017 wrote:
So I was looking in the crown shop and came across the one shot gaunlets that i had never seen before. Looking into it i found it was because they can only be bought with crowns.

Anyone know why that is? The gear isn't very good at all now and aside from a pet here or a mount there they seem to just be forgotten as they cannot be farmed as a drop

The only reason I could see is that the drop table is almost 100% gonna give you a piece of gear but just add a few other things in to the tables (like rattle, kroka, meowi etc exalted duels) or just lower the drop rates and make them drops given by Jade Oni or whoever really.

Just seems odd to have made them to be forgotten and never used, anyone know if there is a reason I am missing?
the gauntlets are all available as drops (or at least they were, when i last played).

i got them from farming rattlebones in wc and the various bosses in mirror lake, though i'm sure there are others. i've got tons of them, and you're more than welcome to join me if you'd like meet up in-game.

as for your second question, drops are (as far as i remember) guaranteed~ you will get at least one piece of gear, though the odds of you getting the exact piece of gear you want is about 1 in 8.

hope this helps,

-von

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Stealthhawk129 on Sep 6, 2017 wrote:

Some of the one shot dungeons can be dropped from other bosses. Most of those dungeons drop relatively good gear. The baddle of bands one drops some nice tank boots. The other ones has good gear that could be used in place of darkmoor gear.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Ah there seems to be a bit of confusion, I meant the ones like tanglewood terror, that bands one, (one other?)
the "gauntlets" are the ones that are not dropped by anything (if you look it up via central it shows no drop locations)
The one shot dungeons are something I have tons of just lying around but i was wondering why those 3 gauntlets just happen to be from the crown shop only UNLIKE rattle, krok, meowi etc
(tanglewood for example doesn't even compare to the second tier darkmoor gear)
i was wondering if there was a reason for why they got forgotten?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Ah, I see what you mean.

I have farmed the Tanglewood one for plants, pets, drops, and I like the robes and boots for stitching purposes. Also, the fountain makes a great housing decoration when I'm done.

The Bands gauntlet does drop some great pets, Storm and Death as I recall, plus there's a black and white striped tiger mount. I personally don't like the gear but I've seen lots of wizards stitch it.

People do farm them, but not nearly as often as the other one-shots.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Hmm looking into it I can see why people would want the pets, mounts etc.

Any idea why they aren't drops?(the gauntlets themselves) even by skeleton key bosses would make sense. Maybe even as skeleton key boss drops on holiday events only? so pretty rare still but people will still know they exist
Just seems odd to have them in the game but not really advertise them.