Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP gear broke please help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
OK so I recently got some new PvP gear and was testing out my spells with the new stats but to my surprise I found out it was broke. My gear has 60% storm attack damage boost and I used Catalan (base 700) and the attack did only did 999 damage. I did the math and 700 * 0.6 = 420 so base (700) with boost (420) should be 1120 output .

why in the world is my gear underpowered? I worked hard for that gear and its very upsetting to see what you worked for go down the drain. I tested it again with multiple people in all kinds of different places and the same thing happened with my damage. Underpowered and not even at a thousand . This will seriously hurt me in PvP if my damage isn't consistent with my gear. How can I fix this?

Gear
------------------------------------------------
My wizard is a level 46 death wizard

Hat: Halston's Eureka Hat
Robe: BlackRock's Obsidian Drape
Boots: Dworgyn's Dire Boots
Wand: Sky iorn hasta
Amulet: Storm mastery
Athame: Duelist's Fatal Razor with blemished Health Opal +45 HP and Blemished Damage Amethyst +11
Ring: Duelist's DaredEvil Ring with flawed damage Amethyst +9 and Blemished Defense opal +12

Survivor
Oct 08, 2015
MagicalPheonix on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
OK so I recently got some new PvP gear and was testing out my spells with the new stats but to my surprise I found out it was broke. My gear has 60% storm attack damage boost and I used Catalan (base 700) and the attack did only did 999 damage. I did the math and 700 * 0.6 = 420 so base (700) with boost (420) should be 1120 output .

why in the world is my gear underpowered? I worked hard for that gear and its very upsetting to see what you worked for go down the drain. I tested it again with multiple people in all kinds of different places and the same thing happened with my damage. Underpowered and not even at a thousand . This will seriously hurt me in PvP if my damage isn't consistent with my gear. How can I fix this?

Gear
------------------------------------------------
My wizard is a level 46 death wizard

Hat: Halston's Eureka Hat
Robe: BlackRock's Obsidian Drape
Boots: Dworgyn's Dire Boots
Wand: Sky iorn hasta
Amulet: Storm mastery
Athame: Duelist's Fatal Razor with blemished Health Opal +45 HP and Blemished Damage Amethyst +11
Ring: Duelist's DaredEvil Ring with flawed damage Amethyst +9 and Blemished Defense opal +12
Hello MagicalPhoenix, jewels don't count to the percentage of the damage boost. However my calculations have gotten me to 1,007 here's the calculation I used:
Hat: 11dmg
Wand: 10dmg
Athame: 11dmg
Ring: 9dmg
Total = 41 %
700 / 100 = 7 = 1%
700 / 10 = 70 * 4 = 280 = 40%
280 + 7 = 287 = 41%
700 + 287 = 987dmg
987 + 20 (from the jewels) = 1,007
That's the calculations on how to work out the damage also, in which type of battle did you use it in? PvP? PvE? If in PvP, the opposing player's stats could affect the damage