Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Abandon Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2010
Is there a side quest that is just sitting in your quest log that is so tedious to complete and/or gives so little XP it is not worth it? Why not abandon it?

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
I like this idea, considering that I have some sidequests I don't want to do

Victoria Fairyheart

Hero
May 02, 2009
Never gonna happen as then KI would get flooded with questions asking "where do I get X quest from again?". If you want rid of a quest then just do it and get it over with.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There are side quests that may look like they're not important ... only to find out later that they were key to getting later spells, school pets, or opening up a dungeon you may want to do later on. (Grizzleheim and Wysteria are two examples of this. Grizzlehiem looks optional but it leads to all future school pets and most utility spells beyond level 35, Wysteria leads to Tower of the Helephant, a dungeon many people like to do for the ring and athame it drops.)

Some side quests lead to training points for off-school spells, or to your own school's utility spells.

As previous poster said, if you deleted a side quest and then later find out you should have done it, you'll be confused about where to go and pick it up.

When it comes to side quests, you already have a couple of options:

1) When the quest is first offered, if you want to take a chance that it won't matter later on, go ahead and decline the quest. Hit decline instead of accept and you can walk away without the task in your quest log.

2) Take the quest and just do it ... later. That way, you won't have to worry whether it actually did matter or not. Once you complete it, the quest either leads to something else or it's gone forever from your quest log.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
flash33 on Sep 26, 2017 wrote:
Never gonna happen as then KI would get flooded with questions asking "where do I get X quest from again?". If you want rid of a quest then just do it and get it over with.
There is always quest helper, and now that we have the main quest identified in our book I really see no problem having this implemented

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Sep 27, 2017 wrote:
There is always quest helper, and now that we have the main quest identified in our book I really see no problem having this implemented
I agree. there's times when I lost my quest and quest helper always find them for me. So I think players should have the option to remove them.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
flash33 on Sep 26, 2017 wrote:
How do you know it's never going to happen and what will happen if they do unless you work for them? Ki never said never. They're known to chance their mind and have a few times in the past as Technology grow. Yes they did say they will not add quest removal option in but that was said in 2010 and again in 2014 before Quest Helper was improved that same year. Now KI made it so we can tell the difference between storyline from side quests. If KI can do that, I'm sure maybe they can put locks on storyline and spell quest so we can't accidentally delete the wrong quest that would eliminate the flooding problem

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I have several side quests that been sitting in my book for 3 years and I have no intention to do them. At first I thought the quests were cool to do until I fond out the bosses cheat or how they cheat beyond my taste making it a turn off. I rather not do them and delete the quests.