Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming for Sea Dragon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2014
So, I was looking for some fire pets that I could get without having to spend crowns and I stumbled upon the Sea Dragon. www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Sea_Dragon#axzz4rMdm45fJ

It says I could get them from Astraeus, Mithraya, and Ptolemos. They're all bosses from Trial of Spheres but I'm definitely okay with fighting only Astraeus.

Please reply below if you're up for some farming! I really want this pet for my wizard so any help is appreciated!

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
If you want, I could just hatch one with you. Otherwise, I'd be up to farm if you want to go the non-cheaty way.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
MonquistanPirate on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
So, I was looking for some fire pets that I could get without having to spend crowns and I stumbled upon the Sea Dragon. www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Sea_Dragon#axzz4rMdm45fJ

It says I could get them from Astraeus, Mithraya, and Ptolemos. They're all bosses from Trial of Spheres but I'm definitely okay with fighting only Astraeus.

Please reply below if you're up for some farming! I really want this pet for my wizard so any help is appreciated!
The sea dragon is an amazing pet, but it's not intended just for Fire wizards. The reason it's so amazing is that it was the first pet to have very high stats (most are 240-250) and NO selfish talents.

Not only that, all of the talents that it has are of general use to any school: spell proof (10% universal resist), spritely (may cast sprite), pain giver (6% universal damage), sharp shot (6% universal accuracy), Pierce Train (may cast pierce & remove a shield), etc.

People use this pet to hatch with weaker pets to give them solid, strong stats and some universal talents to build on.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Those are all fairly difficult looking bosses -- good luck!

The page also says you can possibly get the pet from treasure chests by fishing in Krokotopia, in the Oasis, Entrance Hall, and Emperor's Retreat. Worth a try maybe. Depends if you like fishing.