Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Customized Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2015
So iv'e been thinking lately, Wouldn't it be nice to have an area where you could go to create gear that looks like how you want it to and has that stats that you want it to. Now of course there should be some catches to this that way no one person can become too over powered right off the bat at the start of the game. So to counter that I think of course it should of course cost crowns to do this and that with each stat added it costs more crowns and the better the stats the more it costs. And with each type of design feature added to the gear that would also cost more crowns. And lastly there should be a leveling system that dictates how many stats and what type of stats you're allowed to add to your customized gear at the moment based on what level you are. Is anyone else with me on this?

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
That's a super neat idea, I just think it would be a bit hard for the developers to create such a detailed feature in the game. Maybe if you could only customize stats but not change the look of the clothing? Or if the clothing had several default options for the look?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
CallMeNorm on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
So iv'e been thinking lately, Wouldn't it be nice to have an area where you could go to create gear that looks like how you want it to and has that stats that you want it to. Now of course there should be some catches to this that way no one person can become too over powered right off the bat at the start of the game. So to counter that I think of course it should of course cost crowns to do this and that with each stat added it costs more crowns and the better the stats the more it costs. And with each type of design feature added to the gear that would also cost more crowns. And lastly there should be a leveling system that dictates how many stats and what type of stats you're allowed to add to your customized gear at the moment based on what level you are. Is anyone else with me on this?
I agree with looks, but custom stats is a Horrible idea

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Calamity Master of... on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
I agree with looks, but custom stats is a Horrible idea
Agreed. I honestly couldn't imagine this happening with custom stats. Could you see the storm's critical and damage? The resist ice and life would have? Honestly, custom stats would defeat the whole idea of harvesting and playing longer for good gear drops and would thus turn Wizard101 into more of a 'pay-to-play' game. It would also make PVP super annoying... people with jade gear and storms with insane damage is hard enough. Even though the custom stats is a terrible idea, I think it might be cool to have tiered gear upgrades that are super expensive, but at the same time I don't like it.
Anyway, I also like the idea of having more customization options for our gear rather than being able to dye it rather basic colors. I think it would be cool if non-members had some more choices of color, but of course members should naturally have VIP access or something to more choices- maybe having the option to add symbols from each school, the different quats and gangs from Mirage, and maybe an umbra or drake family symbol?

Hannah Rosethorn- 120
Tatiana Winterbreeze- 106
Fallon Hexshard- 49

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
That's a great idea, in my opinion. There are times where I wish that I could pick and choose the stats I want from gear. I think that if this were to be a thing, it should be available to players who are at least level 85 and have reached Azteca. It should also be unavailable to players under that level and you should be unable to give gear that has been customized to your other characters unless they have access to this. Instead of creating a separate area, why not add it to Eloise's services?

Survivor
Mar 25, 2017
Uhh, I like were your going with this, but customized stats are a definite no-no. I would be cool if you can join a tournament and pick any type of gear you want, level category, and pet. But here's the catch, there is no pierce and damage kind of it, no tc, amulet, and pet kind of it, and it's only in 1v1.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2016
I can see this idea being possible. But only at the cost of the custom stat limitation being nerfed or low tier, so that dungeon and pack gear are still more valuable for players. They have it like this in other games already.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I think it would be fair if it was like this (for level 120+ at least!)

Choose a stat:

Myth Damage

15% damage = 300 crowns
20% damage = 450 crowns
22% damage = 700 crowns

Myth Critical

80 critical = 200 crowns
100 critical = 450 crowns
125 critical = 500 crowns

The final result would probably look something like this:

Myth's Champion (Custom Set)

+3018
+ 87% damage
+12% resist
+8% resist
+6% resist
+512critical
+224 critcal block
+78% power pip chance
+11 shadow pip chance

And would cost about 5000 crowns.

Its not very overpowered.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
Maby this feature should only pop up when you beat the game because I f I was a new to the game ( I'm not at all saying I am) and I had a lot of crowns I could just buy that kind of thing and be over powered and that would get me 50 times closer to beating the game.
Than again do you guys see new people running wild all over the place with this epic stuff and your like why do they have that .
That is probably going to be Very good for business. But I agree with the thing I said at the beginning.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
I really like what KI did with the school starter packs, that armor stat-wise was pretty good for someone just starting out and appearance-wise it looked pretty okay then you threw a mount on top of that for only what 7500 crowns? You can't even buy some of the most popular mounts for that much.

It makes me I wish they would have a pack like that for each level range (at least through the first story arc), something that looks nice and unique while managing to be just that little bit above the gear that exists in-game but it's not so good that it completely overpowers the person using it, meanwhile it cast see you through a good ten fifteen levels before you find something outright better.

I also wish KI would do more of the statless world themed stitching gear, I say this because the graphic for Wizard101 have improved so much from the time they started, and a lot of their later gear sets look so much better than the earlier ones. I would be nice to have a few world-themed sets from places like Wizard City, Grizzlehiem, Marleybone, Dragonspyre, etc... to be on the same graphic level as the newer gear sets from Polaris and Mirage.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
I think everyone has noticed how horrible the gear continues to get stat-wise and even look wise at least in my opinion from 104 and up. It's why people who are 120 are still wearing gear from 100, Darkmoor gear or exalted duel gear. If nothing else some gear for 120 would be nice with improved stats. Maybe even a new challenge to earn or farm it? Maybe with the new world update and new level cap whenever or if ever that happens. The customized gear is an interesting idea. I'd be interested to see how it would balance out among the schools cause obviously they couldn't have people getting too over powered. Either way, some new gear is definitely in order.