Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 being ridiculously slow/buggy/laggy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
This past week or more, I've been having really long load times and basically my entire game lags. Sometimes it can be running perfectly fine and then suddenly something will happen; I'll try to cast a spell and it shows on-screen that it's targeted for someone and then the timer will continue to run even if I'm the only person in the battle. This happens all the time and causes me to lose turns and whatnot all the time. And then when the game catches up it just rushes through and all animations will play at once and it'll return to the picking card stage and it'll all start again. Another effect of this lag is that it takes a while for my game to actually register where I've moved my wizard, so I have to sit at reagants or NPCs I want to use or talk to (respectively) for about 10 seconds until I can interact with them. It's not my firewall, nor is it my wifi. I've already checked those and they're fine whenever I play. Then, today, a new issue developed: I was training a pet and doing the gobbler game and it started lagging. I thought this wasn't unusual at first since it lags all the time. But this time, I guess I lost connection completely and the game told me I lost connection and closed. I tried to log back in, but after I enter my username and password now the game doesn't even load at all. The two loading bars don't move and then I get this error screen after a while where news is usually displayed saying the game is either down or it's my firewall. It's not my firewall (already checked and restarted my game and computer and all) and I doubt the game itself is down since no update was announced and the Kingsisle Twitter also says nothing.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2017
KittyKatVi on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
This past week or more, I've been having really long load times and basically my entire game lags. Sometimes it can be running perfectly fine and then suddenly something will happen; I'll try to cast a spell and it shows on-screen that it's targeted for someone and then the timer will continue to run even if I'm the only person in the battle. This happens all the time and causes me to lose turns and whatnot all the time. And then when the game catches up it just rushes through and all animations will play at once and it'll return to the picking card stage and it'll all start again. Another effect of this lag is that it takes a while for my game to actually register where I've moved my wizard, so I have to sit at reagants or NPCs I want to use or talk to (respectively) for about 10 seconds until I can interact with them. It's not my firewall, nor is it my wifi. I've already checked those and they're fine whenever I play. Then, today, a new issue developed: I was training a pet and doing the gobbler game and it started lagging. I thought this wasn't unusual at first since it lags all the time. But this time, I guess I lost connection completely and the game told me I lost connection and closed. I tried to log back in, but after I enter my username and password now the game doesn't even load at all. The two loading bars don't move and then I get this error screen after a while where news is usually displayed saying the game is either down or it's my firewall. It's not my firewall (already checked and restarted my game and computer and all) and I doubt the game itself is down since no update was announced and the Kingsisle Twitter also says nothing.
This happened to me today as well. I sent a message to Kingsisle about it. I hope their servers aren't being attacked or something, especially since it's their birthday. Hope this gets fixed soon. I really want to train my pet some more.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2017
I am having the identical problem. i came on here to try to find a solution. so far no such luck.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
Over the last few week Wizard101 has been showing signs of packet loss to KingsIsle Servers. It as not been unplayable however it has been bad enough at times to depreciate the quality of game play.

However last night the problem became severe. The game is now unplayable as a result. Since this is a cash shop game I need not go into the amount of investment here and not be able to play the game.

What are the IPs of the game servers so I can do a traceroute to see where the packetloss is.

Please do not tell me about re installing and router settings. After years of playing this game I know the tricks to get the game working properly. It is not an issue on my end I can assure you.

Cheers!