Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice could be fixed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
One thing I have noticed is that ice is not really a tank compared to what a tank is meant to be in other games. I love my ice wizard but I feel it is somewhat useless in a team because it has weak damage and only legion shield to protect everyone at once. The purpose of a tank is to take most of the damage and have high resist but to protect the team as well. I almost never have to heal on my ice wizard or heal ice team mates, not because they have high health, but because they aren't taking any damage for anyone else. Tanks in other games take on most of the damage for the team, but ice is not really doing that. It doesn't heal anyone and it has weak attacks so it's almost useless in a team effort. I think it should have more spells that generate threat that actually generate threat. Whenever you use taunt or snow angel for example the enemies still go for whoever has hit the most etc and completely ignores the taunt and the ice wizard. I think ice should be fixed as a tank and have more ways of actually receiving damage and being more useful in a team and not just solo play, or more spells that put shields on everyone :)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Making taunt/mega taunt more understanding... Make it damage (just follow me) taunt is 100 damage mega is 1000... Meaning a 14 pip mega taunt will most likely have all the enemies targeting you... But if someone had/does anything above 14000, they'll surpass your taunt and the mobs will target them instead...and I agree we need a new AOE shield.... Shadow legion? 1 pip 1 shadow you cast the shield Sentinel does... Take 75% of any 1 hit