Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grub Guardian Tips?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2010
So I recently got Grub Guardian on my phone because I heard that it could give some good prizes for W101, and I have to say, this game is HARD. Seriously, I've never played a more difficult tower defense game. Enemies move way too fast and have so much health and get past my defenses way too easily. I tried that Colossus Boulevard level about 10 times and I could barely get past the third level. So, can you guys give me tips or something, because I do want to keep playing this game, it's just that it's too hard.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Grub Guardian (for me) was mostly trial and error. I tried different approaches/schools and determined what worked and what didn't. For that reason, It's hard to give general tips for Grub Guardian because each map is so different. What works on one may not work on another.

That said, I think the easiest way to learn more about the game and come out successful is to search for the specific map(s) you're having trouble with on Google or YouTube. I find that Grub Guardian is very fast-paced and therefore videos were much easier for me to follow. I'd find a video guide to the map I was having trouble with and play along with it. This way, it was a "step by step" thing and I could pause/rewind the video if necessary. Even if the player in the video was using a different school pet, I'd take their basic idea and try to fit my pet into it.

Wizard's Keep, EvangelosSot, Shadowblade, and Jason Goldriver are just some of the YouTube channels I've looked at for Grub Guardian tips in the past. Perhaps they might be able to help you out too. :)

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
If the enemies are moving to fast for you to really hit them, I like to keep an ice tower by the places where they enter the map, it makes it easier to clobber then from there.

Hope that tip helps best of luck to you!