Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old spells improvements and tweaks.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2015
I'm pretty sure I am not the first one to say this, but the old spells like snow serpent kind of spells need to be scrapped and redone. Not only is the spell itself boring offering only damage just like ice beetle, snowman, ice colossus etc, the animations themselves do not represent what a "mage" or a "wizard" would do. Summoning a block of ice from which a snake quickly emerges and bites the enemy is definitely an original idea, but wouldn't this what a "summoner" type of class would do? Wouldn't an ice wizard create deadly icicles, encase enemies in blocks of ice or slowly freeze them to movement imparity, manipulate the weather around creating favorable conditions for conjuring ice and molding it into a magical weapon?
At this point I am more concerned about the staleness of the early game and the lack of interactivity in the earlier parts of the game. Original animations do not make up for the repetitive content, 1 pip spell is damage, 2 pips spell is damage, 3 pips spell is damage, 4 pips spell AoE damage, 5 pips spell damage, 6 pips spell damage. The only thing you can do in the earlier stages of the game beside using damage spells are damage amplifying spells, going by the name of blades, or block damage with the help of shields.
I have a few suggestions for each class in the game, which could be applied without changing any animation:

1.Storm - This class represents a glass canon, in more common words, high risk that can result in high reward, an idea would be increasing the damage on some spells, for example triton that would deal 1000 damage BUT apply a +40% on yourself to the next attack you receive. Or shark could become deal 500 damage and add a -20% storm blade to yourself or deal 250 damage and add a +20% storm blade to yourself. Rusalka's wrath is a really good example of how a storm spell should look like.
2.Ice - This class is a tank, one that should be able to be built 2 ways, offering utility to the team like taunting and forcing the enemy to hit you while you use damage mitigation buffs for yourself OR use your natural defensive stats to slowly freeze the enemy and increase your damage for 1 destructive strike. For example beetle could become deal 100 damage, or 300 if the target is frozen. Freezing a target is done by stacking 3 traps of "freeze" from other spells like frostbite which would deal less damage but apply this effect.
3.Myth - This is supposed to be the "summoner" class. This class is supposed to summon minions to aid you in battle, but at the moment, they are incredibly weak in PvE. For example you could add more minion summoning to this class, and for all classes make their turn controllable. Below your row of spells in your hand, add the minion's. Not only that, to make them viable in the late game, make them copy a portion of your stats. For example talos could take 35% of all of your stats.
I have more suggestions to make but not enough in this space. I will try to add them to the comments.