Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cooking?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Next Hobby Maybe?

With the game about to be turning 10 years old, I still can’t believe that we have yet to get any form of a Cooking in Wizards. To help you out with this, I'm going to list a few things that would make this a cool add-on that would of course use Wiz Energy. Now this is going to be somewhat of read.

Recipes
  • Cooking recipes can either be learned from Cooking Trainers, who can be found in the Hub areas in each world, as well as some minor area within the world, or from "Special Cookbook Pages" which may drop from monsters/bosses, be sold by vendors, or even rewards from quests.

How Does One Get Ingredients?
  • Wizards could buy Basic Foods from New Cooking merchants (Milk, Flour, Butter, Sugar and Eggs)
  • Food gained through GARDENING would give players all types of FRUITS & VEGETABLES
  • Monster Mobs/Bosses would drop a piece of MEAT
  • Lakes, Ponds and Waterfalls would offer WATER (each worlds water should be different) & Fishing would give wizards FISH.
How does a Wizard Cook the Food?
  • Housing Items such as a Stove, a Brazier, and or Campfire OR a special meeting place like near a Cooking Trainer.
  • Having a Mini-Game that let wizards tenderize, boil, chop/cut, basting, baking and stirring would be kind of fun and show the players that you really made the dish.
WHY Cook?!
  • Each dishes should offer a lasting benefit, in the form of a buff that can last anything from 15 minutes up to an hour (real world time included)
  • A new form of Pet Snack crafting
  • Daily Cooking Quests for rewards.
  • Selling Dishes would give players Gold.
  • Badges would of course be earned with every level a player moves up in skill.
  • ** Maybe feeding your mount would let them travel 10% more faster.
  • ** Maybe letting Players Give/Trade Dishes to share Buffs
Advancement
  • Cooking works just like crafting; in order to advance your skill, you must constantly create new dishes by obtaining recipes and ingredients. Whenever you create a dish you would be guaranteed Cooking XP.
  • Doing Daily Cooking Quests / Different world NPCs quests to make dishes
THOUGHTS

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Interesting idea.

Though with Pet Training, Fishing, and Gardening already vying for your daily energy, it might be more interesting if the energy outputs for the other options were reduced thus freeing energy to participate in another activity.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
I have to say, I like the idea! I dunno about the mount thing though, not all mounts are things you can feed...
(okay, feeding a car or broomstick would be pretty funny)

Destiny Crowblossom Lvl 51
Tabitha Soulsmith Lvl 11

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Survivor
Apr 03, 2017
Would love to have cooking in game, it's the one thing this game is missing.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2017
I absolutely LOVE this idea. The only thing I would add is that it would be nice to have some of the recipes be able to be crafted into placeable items. It would be soooooo nice to be able to proudly display some of my crafted recipes on my tables.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
Defender
Dec 30, 2011
MrValravn on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
Next Hobby Maybe?

With the game about to be turning 10 years old, I still can’t believe that we have yet to get any form of a Cooking in Wizards. To help you out with this, I'm going to list a few things that would make this a cool add-on that would of course use Wiz Energy. Now this is going to be somewhat of read.

Recipes
  • Cooking recipes can either be learned from Cooking Trainers, who can be found in the Hub areas in each world, as well as some minor area within the world, or from "Special Cookbook Pages" which may drop from monsters/bosses, be sold by vendors, or even rewards from quests.

How Does One Get Ingredients?
  • Wizards could buy Basic Foods from New Cooking merchants (Milk, Flour, Butter, Sugar and Eggs)
  • Food gained through GARDENING would give players all types of FRUITS & VEGETABLES
  • Monster Mobs/Bosses would drop a piece of MEAT
  • Lakes, Ponds and Waterfalls would offer WATER (each worlds water should be different) & Fishing would give wizards FISH.
How does a Wizard Cook the Food?
  • Housing Items such as a Stove, a Brazier, and or Campfire OR a special meeting place like near a Cooking Trainer.
  • Having a Mini-Game that let wizards tenderize, boil, chop/cut, basting, baking and stirring would be kind of fun and show the players that you really made the dish.
WHY Cook?!
  • Each dishes should offer a lasting benefit, in the form of a buff that can last anything from 15 minutes up to an hour (real world time included)
  • A new form of Pet Snack crafting
  • Daily Cooking Quests for rewards.
  • Selling Dishes would give players Gold.
  • Badges would of course be earned with every level a player moves up in skill.
  • ** Maybe feeding your mount would let them travel 10% more faster.
  • ** Maybe letting Players Give/Trade Dishes to share Buffs
Advancement
  • Cooking works just like crafting; in order to advance your skill, you must constantly create new dishes by obtaining recipes and ingredients. Whenever you create a dish you would be guaranteed Cooking XP.
  • Doing Daily Cooking Quests / Different world NPCs quests to make dishes
THOUGHTS
I think that is an amazing idea! It is just another thing to do when you're bored!
-Alia SparkleGrove

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
JelliBeans603 on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
I think that is an amazing idea! It is just another thing to do when you're bored!
-Alia SparkleGrove
Well wouldn't say bored, but more like something to do when you wait for the next world to get released.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
That sounds really cool, I'd like to see something like this.