Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buyback, or a way to Restore Purchases

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
A way for players who have bought something with crowns or real money in the past, to get their items back if it is lost, for example you buy a bundle then a year later you think you moved everything off of your character before deleting it, or you sold an item from the bundle. make it so you can buy that item back with gold, or like restore the purchase remove ALL the items from the account and then place them back in the gift icon you get whne you first buy it?, sorry if this is hard to understand, was in a hurry.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Calamity Master of... on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
A way for players who have bought something with crowns or real money in the past, to get their items back if it is lost, for example you buy a bundle then a year later you think you moved everything off of your character before deleting it, or you sold an item from the bundle. make it so you can buy that item back with gold, or like restore the purchase remove ALL the items from the account and then place them back in the gift icon you get whne you first buy it?, sorry if this is hard to understand, was in a hurry.
I would recommend using Item Lock on anything that is important to you. I do sometimes wish item lock existed around 2012 when my decision making skills didn't exist, but I've come to accept I won't be getting those items back. Item lock is a life saver

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Some items can actually be restored if you contact support within a certain amount of time, especially crown purchases. If you wait too long it might not be possible. Same goes for characters that you deleted.

Not that you should take that as an excuse to throw caution to the wind, mind you. Definitely turn on the item lock feature, and give yourself plenty of time to think about whether you want to delete a character or dispose of an item.

I admit I used to have a habit of doing such things, and I'd always regret it.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
It seems this post was not understood after all....

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Master of... on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
It seems this post was not understood after all....
I think the replies you got shows they understood your post. However, it's your responsibility to make sure you have put anything you want to save into the shared bank before you delete a character; KI isn't responsible for your mistakes and would lose a lot of money if they implemented a "restore lost crown items" for gold.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
I think the replies you got shows they understood your post. However, it's your responsibility to make sure you have put anything you want to save into the shared bank before you delete a character; KI isn't responsible for your mistakes and would lose a lot of money if they implemented a "restore lost crown items" for gold.
then but it back for crowns idc, but like bundle items, you wont ever see those agian unless by some rare chance it comes back in the throwback sales. which not very many bundles come back at all, besides item lock was NOT always around, for an example of what i meant in this post go look at AQW Buyback

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
anecorbie on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
Honestly, I think it's a good idea to implement such a feature. Not even for gold, just an option to restore items you accidentally deleted, or characters you accidentally deleted.

If you sold the item, then yeah, you'd have to give back the gold you got from the sale, but that's it. I wonder what would be the appropriate recompense for an item fed to a pet? Gold worth the value of whatever random thing they got, or the thing they got if they still have it?

I don't understand how they'd lose money, unless they were banking off the people who accidentally sold crown shop items, which'd be kinda lame. I guess implementing such a feature would cost them time and effort, both of which are valuable commodities. Is that what you meant?

It'd also help reduce customer support's workload though...maybe...

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Just going to adding that I too would love to have this added.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Necromancer Chris on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
Honestly, I think it's a good idea to implement such a feature. Not even for gold, just an option to restore items you accidentally deleted, or characters you accidentally deleted.

If you sold the item, then yeah, you'd have to give back the gold you got from the sale, but that's it. I wonder what would be the appropriate recompense for an item fed to a pet? Gold worth the value of whatever random thing they got, or the thing they got if they still have it?

I don't understand how they'd lose money, unless they were banking off the people who accidentally sold crown shop items, which'd be kinda lame. I guess implementing such a feature would cost them time and effort, both of which are valuable commodities. Is that what you meant?

It'd also help reduce customer support's workload though...maybe...
yes, similar to the buyback implemented into AQW, but not quite the same either

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Calamity Master of... on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
yes, similar to the buyback implemented into AQW, but not quite the same either
I've never played that game, but I've heard of it.