Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will pip conversion ever be even remotely useful?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I remember when critical and block first came out, I could see it remaining relevant into the future. We've now had critical and block for 7 years and it's still just as relevant. When Armor piercing came out with Avalon, I remember thinking it could have some legitimate strategical advantages in the future. That theory ended up being true. But for pip conversion, I don't really see it taking off. It takes an exorbitant amount of pip conversion rating to see any sensible percentage at level 120. Not only that, but the gear that offers pip conversion sacrifices other useful stats such as critical and block. I don't really see us needing a use for pip returning or pip stacking that this rating offers, as our spells cost less pips. Unless pip conversion starts having some effect on our chances of getting a shadow pip, or converting normal pips into shadow pips, I really don't see a future for it. Thoughts?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
The Spiral Twister on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
I remember when critical and block first came out, I could see it remaining relevant into the future. We've now had critical and block for 7 years and it's still just as relevant. When Armor piercing came out with Avalon, I remember thinking it could have some legitimate strategical advantages in the future. That theory ended up being true. But for pip conversion, I don't really see it taking off. It takes an exorbitant amount of pip conversion rating to see any sensible percentage at level 120. Not only that, but the gear that offers pip conversion sacrifices other useful stats such as critical and block. I don't really see us needing a use for pip returning or pip stacking that this rating offers, as our spells cost less pips. Unless pip conversion starts having some effect on our chances of getting a shadow pip, or converting normal pips into shadow pips, I really don't see a future for it. Thoughts?
Here's my thoughts on pip conversion.

It's useless, and here's why:

• You have a chance of getting your regular pips turned into power pips, but this ONLY works when you have 7 pips. NO ONE I know EVER has all 7 pips in a fight, BECAUSE MAX LEVEL FIGHTS DON'T EVEN LAST LONG AND PEOPLE HIT BEFORE THEY GET ENOUGH PIPS FOR PIP CONVERSION TO EVEN BECOME USEFUL. Furthermore, Champion Wizards have around 100% power pip chance, so what's the point of getting our regular pips converted into power pips, if we don't even have regular pips to begin with? :///
  • If you use an odd pip spell when you have just power pips, you have a chance of getting a regular pip refunded. First of all, who cares? We've been living just fine without this for 8 years, and I don't see anyone freaking out about the lost pip. The only people I see who really care about pips are healers, and whenever I'm a healer I just use Empowerment or Adapt.

I only see pip conversion being useful for lower levels who don't have perfect power pip chance, and who are much more likely to have 7 pips at once.

Unfortunately, I see Kingsisle implanting pip conversion into more and more gear the higher we level up past 120. I can also see them phasing out critical and block in exchange for pip conversion. I think this the wrong direction we are taking in terms of character progression, but this seems like what Kingsisle has in store for us.

On a side note, it seems that no matter how high I get my pip conversion rating, it's always stuck at 1%?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I see it has useful....as long as it isn't used as a replacement for other stats (which seems to be the norm with Mirage). Once they stop sacrificing those other stats for Pip Conversion, will I believe it will be useful.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Currently:
Level 50+ = Gear gets crit. Unless its bundle gear or gear from WB or MSP.
Level 110+ = Pip Convert.

To make this better this is how it should work:

Pip Conversion: Level 40+
Critical: Level 70+.

There is no point to change it now though. Its a shame this ever cane out which KI thought this would be useful to higher levels with 90%+ PP percentage.

Valdus SpellCaster 100