Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

would a storm recomend this?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
ever since my fire wiz hit max I decided to pick up questing on my storm. I have taken a look at gear ahead of me and I see the resist is even less then fire (obviously) and since storm has much less health, I was thinking that when I get to Celestia I would train fortify. my thinking is that while I set up a hit it would help keep some damage off me. I know I will just end up using galvanic field once I get to Azteca but I think up until that point fortify might do me good. thoughts?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I see nothing wrong with that.

(Guess what, you can buy your training points back later if you decide that was dumb (and for free if your a member during the benefit))

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
That's what I did. Sometimes that extra 15% resist is just enough to keep Sierra alive for one more round.

Other things that help Storms survive are:

1) Heal/defense pets
2) Tower shields
3) Friends
4) Luck

Alia Misthaven, 120
Sierra Stormcaller, 94

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
ever since my fire wiz hit max I decided to pick up questing on my storm. I have taken a look at gear ahead of me and I see the resist is even less then fire (obviously) and since storm has much less health, I was thinking that when I get to Celestia I would train fortify. my thinking is that while I set up a hit it would help keep some damage off me. I know I will just end up using galvanic field once I get to Azteca but I think up until that point fortify might do me good. thoughts?
I remember I just used the level 56 Sudrilund crafted gear until I got the Waterworks gear, and then I just continued to use the Skyscream Hood/Robe along with the crafted shoes from Zafaria, and then eventually the Avalon ones too. I think I remember using Fortify, and Healing Current was a great help too. Primordial helped a lot too once I got it.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I would buy treasure card fortify, this way you can see if it helps or not, and it is actually stronger. Being in your side deck you will find it when you need it also.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Believe it or not, often your best action as storm is to take out enemies as fast as you can. Shields or fortify are wasting a turn that could be used to buff. Occasionally that will save you, but more often it gets you killed. Hit hard, hit fast. If you want safety and certainty, Storm is probably not going to be your favorite school.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I wouldn't train fortify; I would just buy fortify treasure cards from the Astral Archivist. The treasure card versions of most star spells offer a 5% increase over trained versions and allow for an easier time drawing the card early in the battle.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I would recommend buying the TC version instead of training.

I like to keep my main decks filled with absolutely necessary spells. For my TCs, that will be where I put some Fairy, Sprite, a couple of blades, Fortify, etc. Personally, I think it would work better that way.