Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm lord vs. tempest?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
which one should I use? when I fully set up tempest with what I have in my deck (storm blade, pet storm blade, elemental blade, 35% global, windstorm, and 62% damage from gear) and a few power pips and some regular pips I can do almost 7000. if I use storm lord will it come out to that good of an effect? should I just use it against bosses? how do use them to there best effect. I am almost done with dragonspyre and will be doing wintertusk after.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You can always do math. Math is lovely. Here is some math:

Storm Lord 690+Stun
Tempest 80*X
X=7-->560
X=8-->640

There are times when it will be beneficial to use Tempest (Full Pip x=14--> 1120) or if you need to do like a little hit (basically Storm Meteor/Blizzard) However, I would say when given the choice between the two Storm Lord wins.

Storm Lord does more damage for the same number of pips and stuns.

Good luck!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
which one should I use? when I fully set up tempest with what I have in my deck (storm blade, pet storm blade, elemental blade, 35% global, windstorm, and 62% damage from gear) and a few power pips and some regular pips I can do almost 7000. if I use storm lord will it come out to that good of an effect? should I just use it against bosses? how do use them to there best effect. I am almost done with dragonspyre and will be doing wintertusk after.
In my mob deck, I would do Storm Lord the moment I get the pips for it, and if the mobs are still alive, I would follow up with a Tempest.

In my boss deck, I would do a Storm Lord to kill the one minion, then I would blade up and stuff to one shot the boss with a one hit attack. I remember I always used Triton back then before I got Leviathan :P

One thing you should know, is that if you have 7 pips, Storm Lord does more damage than Tempest.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Storm Lord does more damage per pip, and stuns, so that's usually a better primary attack. Temp is good for cleanup or weak mobs, since you can use it with any number of pips and just keep buffing until you have enough to kill.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
BrahmShadow on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
In my mob deck, I would do Storm Lord the moment I get the pips for it, and if the mobs are still alive, I would follow up with a Tempest.

In my boss deck, I would do a Storm Lord to kill the one minion, then I would blade up and stuff to one shot the boss with a one hit attack. I remember I always used Triton back then before I got Leviathan :P

One thing you should know, is that if you have 7 pips, Storm Lord does more damage than Tempest.
I would follow what BrahmShadow says. This is exactly what I do to a "T".

Even though you can get more damage out of Tempest, you are using all of your pips. If it fails to kill the enemy, you have to wait until you get pips again to cast Storm Lord.

By using Storm Lord first, you can kill the enemy. If you don't, then you can follow it up immediately with Tempest instead of having to wait for pips.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
At your level the faster you hit the better off you will be. I would also suggest having two decks ready for either mob battles or boss battles. Since winter tusk is your next world you will be up against a lot of ice mobs that just love to tower. I would suggest just using a regular blade, then pet blade, and finally hit with storm lord. Follow up with tempest on any that casted tower. That should take care of them.

Double blade and hit has carried both my storms wizards through the entire game with out any difficulty at all.

Once you get high enough and have a better critical chance you'll find that tempest will be your bread and butter card.

I don't even need to blade now and hit the first round with tempest. Most of the time it takes them all out before they can even hit. That is if your lucky enough to get to go first. (Which is only about 1/10th of the time.)