Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redeeming cards (help please)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2017
I redeemed a $10 card and bought one month of membership for $4.95 since it is my first time buying.

Now I'm wondering how am i able to use the other $6.05 on my account? I'm trying to buy $5 worth of crowns but it's only allowing me to pay with credit card or paypal?? Shouldn't I be able to pay with my $6.05 credit?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
AvaIanches on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
I redeemed a $10 card and bought one month of membership for $4.95 since it is my first time buying.

Now I'm wondering how am i able to use the other $6.05 on my account? I'm trying to buy $5 worth of crowns but it's only allowing me to pay with credit card or paypal?? Shouldn't I be able to pay with my $6.05 credit?
If it was a Wizard101 gift care, it asked you if you wanted 1 month or the crowns, check your account, you may have 2 months on it now

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AvaIanches on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:

Using a gift card for membership/crowns player does not split up in that way.

The 5,000 crowns you got on that card pays for one month and is not considered as you paying $4.95 for the first month of membership.

In order to receive that rate for the first month, you have to actually be paying with a CC/debit card or paypal.

You really don't have $6.05 credit on that $10 card.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hi there, and welcome to the Message Boards!

I'm a little confused. Did you purchase a $10 Wizard101 prepaid card? Or was it something like a prepaid Visa card? If you bought a Wizard101 prepaid card, those don't work like the traditional gift cards you might be thinking of. When you purchase a $10 prepaid card, you receive a free pet and the choice of 1 month of membership or 5,000 crowns. You receive no credit to use at a later date. Look on the back of the card to see exactly what you'll receive. :)