Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which are important crafting reagents?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
Hello, I am a return player and while I was leveling up I notice that crafting was getting real useful. I know that EMP's give mega snacks and some reagents, king parsley gives amber, but I dont know what else I should be saving or planting for the future. Thanks in advance.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The most important crafting reagents are:

Fossil
Stone Blocks

They are in like almost every recipe I have seen lol

I tried gardening fickle pickles for fossil, however they have a ton of needs so you have to have a lot of energy to care for them

My advice to you is: NEVER sell a reagent unless you have 999 of it in your shared bank, you never know when you will need it! NEVER pass by a reagent you can pick up off the ground!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Plants that drop or you can buy for gold:
Pink Dandelions (reagents - most of the ones you need to craft up through Dragonspyre)
Fickle Pickle (rare reagents like nightshade, diamond & fossil, treasure cards & pet snacks to sell)
All the Huckleberry types (drop various plants)
Red & Pink Huckleberry (amber, vine, braided vine)
All the Snap Dragon types (rare reagents, especially fossils, diamonds, aquamarine, perfect gems)
Frozen Fly Traps (diamonds, frost flowers)
Deadly Fly Traps (black pearls, blood moss, bone, deep mushroom, vine, braided vine)

Crowns
Deadly Helephant Ears (aether, pearls, diamonds, sunstone, sandstone, mega pet snacks)
Evil Magma Peas (reagents needed for Dragonspyre, Celestia, & Zafaria, mega pet snacks - especially Fancy Yogurt!)
Sword Ferns (reagents, treasure cards, mega pet snacks - especially Hambrosia!)
King Parsley (amber, aether, diamond, sunstone - but RARELY; pet snacks to sell)

Best plants for mega Pet snacks
Evil Magma Peas
Deadly Helephant Ears
Sword Ferns
Prickly Bear Cactus
Maelstrom Snap Dragon
Couch Potatoes of all types

Best plants for reagents
Pink Dandelions
Fickle Pickle
Snap Dragons of all types
Evil Magma Peas
Deadly Helephant Ears
Fly Traps of all types
King Parsley

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Ore, Stoneblocks, Black Lotus are all going to be used.

You didn't state what level you are or where you are crafting.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I recommend that you try to get some diamonds now before Dragonspyre crafting comes. It took me so long to get the 30 diamonds for the first quest in Dragonspyre crafting.