Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeat Shadowwock in: "South Time Dunes" Mrage

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'm trying to keep my cool so I really hope KI will listen to this. I got defeated over 12 time before my full team got defeated. Every time I re-enter the battle I get mana burned by Jabborwock for more than 2000 heath. Then he casts shadow meteor strike every 3 rounds doing more than 3000. Then he's known to cast Raging Bull and some other high damaging spell on top of that. I don't even get a change to cast one heal. Yes, all my gear is up to date from Darkmoor. I tried everything I can think of including watching videos on youtube for advise, How can I beat him. How can many people beat him? They don't, I can't. A team I joined, can't. Far as I know this game over for me and I'm sure many players have the same problem. I even asked others how to beat him. They don't know. Why should others be left in the dark for the sake of those who can beat him. KI, is that fair? PLEASE nerf him not for me but all the other players as well who find too difficult to battle him. I'm about ready to quit the game do to getting tried of bosses cheating to much. No, it's not strategy, It's not strategy, It's cheating and that's unfair! Here I thought this game is design for all ages of different people with different play style, know hows and strategy. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 22, 2017 wrote:
I'm trying to keep my cool so I really hope KI will listen to this. I got defeated over 12 time before my full team got defeated. Every time I re-enter the battle I get mana burned by Jabborwock for more than 2000 heath. Then he casts shadow meteor strike every 3 rounds doing more than 3000. Then he's known to cast Raging Bull and some other high damaging spell on top of that. I don't even get a change to cast one heal. Yes, all my gear is up to date from Darkmoor. I tried everything I can think of including watching videos on youtube for advise, How can I beat him. How can many people beat him? They don't, I can't. A team I joined, can't. Far as I know this game over for me and I'm sure many players have the same problem. I even asked others how to beat him. They don't know. Why should others be left in the dark for the sake of those who can beat him. KI, is that fair? PLEASE nerf him not for me but all the other players as well who find too difficult to battle him. I'm about ready to quit the game do to getting tried of bosses cheating to much. No, it's not strategy, It's not strategy, It's cheating and that's unfair! Here I thought this game is design for all ages of different people with different play style, know hows and strategy. Maybe I'm wrong.
Shadowwock is pretty easy and he can be easily done with just two people.

Round one - both people blade the hitter.
Round two - both people blade the hitter.
Round three- first person does Indemnity Feint and the hitter attacks.

This always kills whenever I farm him. Wizards at this level also have enough health to endure one meteor attack with no shields.

By the way, make sure to have both people join in the same round.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This is how I felt about Rasputin.....

With the Shadowwock, however, he is fairly easy to defeat if you follow this strategy. A team of two is all that it takes.

First round: blade, blade
Second round: blade, blade
Third round: Indemnity Feint, hit

Both wizards empty their spell deck of everything except two of their strongest blades, one Sharpen Blade enchantment, two hits (one with shadow pip, one without), and a single Feint with indemnity. If they can't kill him within the first three rounds, flee and try again.

It's very straight-forward and the battle is over quickly when this plan goes smoothly, except for Fire as hitter. In the case of Fire, Jabberwock's resistance is too much for a team of only 2 to overcome in just the three rounds. I would suggest in that case that someone else should be the hitter. Otherwise yes, the strategy does work with most school combinations and it's very effective.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I'm sorry to hear your unfortunate experience with the Shadowwock. I too struggled at first, and had to undergo 3 attempts in order to finally succeed. Yes, it's difficult, but you will eventually succeed. As for the balance, I think that it is a very challenging but indeed possible and fair fight that requires a great deal of strategy. I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the situation. First, you propose he be nerfed. I think that this deprives a lot of players of the challenge they want to see from Wizard101. It is not unreasonable for the penultimate battle of a world to be a challenge. Second, you accuse a cheating boss of cheating. Yes, the Shadowwock is a cheating boss, and if we did not have cheating bosses than all bosses would just follow the same strategy of blade stacking and trap stacking, and KI would be forced to make us get the one in a million badge on any boss they wanted to make challenging. I really hope that KI doesn't nerf Shadowwock. We need more challenging bosses, not fewer.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
There was a post similar to yours a while back; search under Shadowwock here on the message boards to find the thread.
I recall there are some replies from players with detailed strategies that have worked to beat that Awful Thing.

Duelist101 is also a really great site for guides.

Good luck

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
BrahmShadow on Jul 22, 2017 wrote:
Shadowwock is pretty easy and he can be easily done with just two people.

Round one - both people blade the hitter.
Round two - both people blade the hitter.
Round three- first person does Indemnity Feint and the hitter attacks.

This always kills whenever I farm him. Wizards at this level also have enough health to endure one meteor attack with no shields.

By the way, make sure to have both people join in the same round.
Brahm/ Freshta strategy is what i was referring to it works

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I feel your pain.. It can be done, i have done it with teams.. A boss shouldn't be that hard imho. I pay to play this game and trying to defeat shadowwock is one of the hardest bosses.. I hated the Jabberwock too..
I know some people who say 'oh he is so easy you do this and that' but that is also depended on if you get a great team.. and those are hard to come by..

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I do understand why KI make bosses cheat to be challenging. But there's other ways to have challenges without so much cheating. From my real life experience when kids see that much cheating on games, they're known to pick up on that thinking it's ok to cheat while playing games in school, with family members and friends ( monkey see, monkey do) causing big problems to parents, teachers and those they play with. But It's up to KI what they want to do. I know things are easier said then done. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm saying things don't always go as planned. What maybe easy for some may not be easy for others even if they to do their darn hardest. Thank you for your advice and I'll continue to take 'em

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
I do understand why KI make bosses cheat to be challenging. But there's other ways to have challenges without so much cheating. From my real life experience when kids see that much cheating on games, they're known to pick up on that thinking it's ok to cheat while playing games in school, with family members and friends ( monkey see, monkey do) causing big problems to parents, teachers and those they play with. But It's up to KI what they want to do. I know things are easier said then done. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm saying things don't always go as planned. What maybe easy for some may not be easy for others even if they to do their darn hardest. Thank you for your advice and I'll continue to take 'em
If you still need help, I can help you with my Storm and Death.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
BrahmShadow on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
If you still need help, I can help you with my Storm and Death.
After spending almost 4 long and aching hours trying , I finally beat him thanks to luck and your advice. " Have people join in the same round". I think I went through 8 or 9 teams and I never heard so much drama of hate and arguing while battling him. Thanks for offering your help

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
If the hits are really that much of a problem they weaknesses are a good idea, bring a death to spam juju