Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I will not try PVP because it's based on scheduling and I can't be there just anytime they schedule a battle; my sister played and she had an appointed time she had to be there . . . am 'on call', the phone rings, I have to go and I'm just a grandma . . .

So, unless I'm misunderstanding how it works and haven't found anything telling me any different, I can't even try it let alone join a team.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
You can do rank pvp anytime you want it free.

Tourney not it cost gold or crowns.

Rank pvp doesn't have a time limit like tourneys does.

I do rank pvp at night and day. I don't do much tourneys because it cost 6,000 gold.

And yours family always comes first I hope they play with you on this game.

I'm the only person in my family that plays this game.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The only pvp that is scheduled are the tournaments.

The rest is whenever you feel like doing it though the population available to battle varies depending on time of day

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Survivor
Oct 06, 2009
No, tournaments grant you arena tickets, and other loot bonuses when you finish them. It's a quick way to get a lot of tickets if you win. However, if you are looking to get a lot of rank, you need to do ranked pvp to do it. You can also try practice to do deck setups, gear setups, and other strategies.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2009
Tournaments are a great way to get quick arena tickets, and other cool rewards. With that being said, the only way to get rank is through Ranked pvp. However, if you're just looking for fast tickets, tournaments are the way to do it. You can also try Practice pvp, if you're trying to learn new setups, for your deck, gear, or other strategies. Practice pvp does not take/give any rank, and doesn't cost any crowns, nor does it take a membership.