Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Tours ?s.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I have 2 questions regarding Castle tours:
1. How do I find out how my castle is being rated? I see that I have had visitors but I can't find out how they rated my castle.
2. Why can't I vote on my friends castles? I know the hard work they put into their castle, so why can't I show what I think of it?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Trying this one more time, can anyone answer the above questions?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
I have 2 questions regarding Castle tours:
1. How do I find out how my castle is being rated? I see that I have had visitors but I can't find out how they rated my castle.
2. Why can't I vote on my friends castles? I know the hard work they put into their castle, so why can't I show what I think of it?
You can't find out how your castle is being rated. (I'm not even sure if giving a castle 1 star raises or lowers the rating)

I'm not sure why you can't vote on your friends' castles. Maybe KI thinks that if a person has a lot of friends, they would just spam the house with 4 star votes and quickly get it to the top of the leaderboards? You can get around this by searching through the houses on the Random section until you find theirs, though. It'll take a while.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I would love to answer you!

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to check on my own castle's rating so I can't answer that first question....

As for your second, not being able to vote on friends' castles might be a way to prevent popularity contests or people with multiple accounts from 'self promoting.'

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Click on Myrella Windspar in the Castle Tour building. Then click on My Castles. It will tell you how many people visited your castle and the rating #__. You can only rate others in Random Search or New Today

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Unfortunately, there isn't a way we can see our star ratings - making it to the top rated lists are the only indicator (I've had 3 different houses make number one, but could only see how many people rated them).

You can rate your friends houses if you do the touring and come across theirs, but that can be tedious.

A way to get a better chance of their house showing on your touring loop is to tour in the first 24 hour period that your friend puts their house up - and then use the 'Added Today' option.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If your castle has enough votes to be ranked, then it will show up when you check on your castle listing.

The best thing is to list your castle and check the results after 24 hours. If you don't receive any visitors, hardly any visitors, or no ranking that shows up, delete the listing and relist. People are more likely to see what was "listed in the last 24 hours" than the general random visit.

Voting on friend's castles can cause a huge amount of 'cheating'. There are many of us who would vote accurately and not think about how to cheat. There are also those who would have every friend and their friend(s) would bring more friends just to 'rank' your castle. Would that be fair overall? No.

I honestly wish there was a medium ground so that friends can honestly rank their friend's castle, but alas, there are too many out there who would take advantage of it.

Most of the castles I see that are top ranked are bad. I mean, they are not decorated at all or so simple that you wonder "what?". The only reason many are top ranked is because of the DUNGEONS people can go play with.

Many of my houses are wonderfully decorated and get little to no visitors, while those who don't decorate get top rankings. Go figure.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Here's a great link on castle tours:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-castle-tours-8ad6a41a41e48f840141ea9aca8a1bb5

I've seen amazing castles that never made it on the tour, and ranked castles that I wish lived up to their rating and positing on the board.

Keep the existing system in the game, but also create a housing website where anyone, and everyone could view, tour and vote on houses; without knowing the actual house owner's identity, would be a vast improvement to the existing tours system.

This way, there is no impact to what the game offer and provides. However, results from the castle tours, and the independent website would be posted on the website, and castle tours.

And everyone would clearly see real time, relevant metrics.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
Click on Myrella Windspar in the Castle Tour building. Then click on My Castles. It will tell you how many people visited your castle and the rating #__. You can only rate others in Random Search or New Today
Rating # doesn't show, is this a membership "benefit"?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 22, 2017 wrote:
It's not a benefit. If there is no rating number, then that means your Castle isn't on the leaderboards.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
No, that's not member benefit. If the box under # is blank, It means your castle is not on the top (100) rated list. I don't know how the rating works but once you see a number 0-100, your castle will appear on that list for anyone to see.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
the Rating# only appears if your castle has placed on one of the leader board categories, otherwise the space is blank. (memberships don't affect this)

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
No, that's not member benefit. If the box under # is blank, It means your castle is not on the top (100) rated list. I don't know how the rating works but once you see a number 0-100, your castle will appear on that list for anyone to see.
Still, it would be nice to see an "average" show up. I've had as much as 14 visits to one of my castles, by then, I ought to have some idea what players think of my designs.
It seems a shame that players who place their castles on tour have to wait until they get into the top 100. Seriously? That may never happen with some castles, what's the harm of saying ( for example ) you have had 5 visitors then the average star rating is 2 1/2?

1) We don't show you how other players have rated your castle because we don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt. Not everyone wants to know that their masterpiece is considered shabby.

2) We don't make it easy to vote for friends castles because we want castle ratings to be as fair as possible. We are trying to measure how well decorated and interesting a castle is not how popular the owner is.

Arthur

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
1) We don't show you how other players have rated your castle because we don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt. Not everyone wants to know that their masterpiece is considered shabby.

2) We don't make it easy to vote for friends castles because we want castle ratings to be as fair as possible. We are trying to measure how well decorated and interesting a castle is not how popular the owner is.

Arthur
Since the lowest rating you can give is "Good", I don't see how a player's feelings can be hurt.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Never say never; I've just discovered that my Ice wizard's house has made it to the top 100!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009