Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Non-members

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2012
The way this game treats non-members is frankly ridiculous.

They aren't even allowed to use message boards? Come on Kingsisle!

the commons, unicorn way, ravenwood, shopping district, olde town, triton avenue, and a tacky, lackluster "sneak peek" at Grizzleheim.

These are the things non-members get to see, along with several impossible-to-complete quests, PVP and Races that don't even earn them rankings, and friends they can't see, quests they can hear about, and the half-baked blueprints plotline.

It infuriates me- Wizard101 as a game has so much more to offer. Run ads on your site, keep the crown shop going with bigger and better items- but all the membership exclusiveness does nothing but turn away players, newcomers who were promised hundreds of worlds, and longtime players who are sick of spending upwards of thirty dollars a month to play a slowed game that they can't play with nearly any of their friends.

I love this game- I've been playing for five years since I was a little kid. But this is just pathetic. If I was a newcomer, I'd have ran for the hills, gone over them, and begged refuge from a neighboring mmo.

If someone spends thirty dollars on your game, they deserve permanent access to it. Okay, membership rant over!

- Autumn Emeraldblossom, Master Theurgist and Pyromancer

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Dragon Mirror on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:

the commons, unicorn way, ravenwood, shopping district, olde town, triton avenue, and a tacky, lackluster "sneak peek" at Grizzleheim.

These are the things non-members get to see, along with several impossible-to-complete quests, PVP and Races that don't even earn them rankings, and friends they can't see, quests they can hear about, and the half-baked blueprints plotline.

It infuriates me- Wizard101 as a game has so much more to offer. Run ads on your site, keep the crown shop going with bigger and better items- but all the membership exclusiveness does nothing but turn away players, newcomers who were promised hundreds of worlds, and longtime players who are sick of spending upwards of thirty dollars a month to play a slowed game that they can't play with nearly any of their friends.

I love this game- I've been playing for five years since I was a little kid. But this is just pathetic. If I was a newcomer, I'd have ran for the hills, gone over them, and begged refuge from a neighboring mmo.

If someone spends thirty dollars on your game, they deserve permanent access to it. Okay, membership rant over!

I think they should allow people who own at least a certain amount of areas unlimited access to the Message Boards and Test Realm.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Dragon Mirror on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:

With Crowns I can buy areas ( which are permanently mine ) I can also access the message boards. Every MMO out there asks you for membership, KI games are the only ones who give the option of buying zones.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
At $80/year, membership costs only $7 per month.... If you buy an annual membership when it's on sale, then you end up paying only $5 per month.

Where are you getting $30?

It's also possible to play with Crowns only, buying areas as you come across them and thereby owning them permanently. (In fact, that's how I played this game for years, until Avalon came out and I finally bit the bullet to become a monthly member. Again, I only pay $6.95 per month.)

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
With Crowns I can buy areas ( which are permanently mine ) I can also access the message boards. Every MMO out there asks you for membership, KI games are the only ones who give the option of buying zones.
The fact that KI offers "pay by area" is not exclusive to them. Sorry. Other games may use other terminology, but it's effectively the same.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
My experience and question is similar to Freshta.

I have purchased up to Avalon via crowns, but now do a yearly subscription. I guess the answer to Freshta/my question is that they probably are not taking advantage of the offers that go up, because yeah you can get it for $5 a month- which is substantially cheaper than some MMOs that do charge $15 or more per month (though they too may have occasional promotions)

However, I do understand where you're frustrations are coming from though, because yes, many other MMO's let you have a considerable amount more of "free" access than Wizard101 does. I think a free membership promotion would probably help them, but I'm not in their business department and it is wholly up to them. I mean, almost all I see on here are problems/complaints anymore.- or that's how it seems. I don't know though

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Buying areas, $240 if I recall, how much it takes to go from wizard city to mirage, and you are absolutely done, you are no longer filling KI paychecks to keep expanding..... When Empyrea comes out, 20$....... Membership, in 4 years.... $240, if we go 60$ year membership, 120$ if we go monthly..... 2 years.... 240$ and we're still spending more money into the game