Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Large screen that isn't full screen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2014
Prior to the update I was able to not have my window as full screen (eg I could move and click other windows). I was able to enlarge the non-full screen to take up my entire window but was still easy to move out of to click on another window to look stuff up. Now, I am only able to either pick full screen (where I have to either esc out of the game completely to look at other stuff) or I can only click a certain size that takes up 1/3 of my screen (and I can't drag the window to make it larger like in the past). Is this a bug or is this part of the new update?

Thanks!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
tvelocity514 on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
Prior to the update I was able to not have my window as full screen (eg I could move and click other windows). I was able to enlarge the non-full screen to take up my entire window but was still easy to move out of to click on another window to look stuff up. Now, I am only able to either pick full screen (where I have to either esc out of the game completely to look at other stuff) or I can only click a certain size that takes up 1/3 of my screen (and I can't drag the window to make it larger like in the past). Is this a bug or is this part of the new update?

Thanks!
Have you tried adjusting the resolution in your options tab to return the game screen to a full window but still be able to see your task bar?

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I was having the same issue this morning when I got on. I figured out how to adjust and I did, but it is in complete fullscreen because it is still the tiny square when I have my toolbar. I can say one helpful tip: use the help button and it can take you from the complete full screen to the help page where you can just get off the internet and check what is needed. I can't really help you other than that

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
If you can't see your "Task Bar" at the bottom of your computer screen when you have your game window open:

1. Click on the Options button in your log book

2. At the top of the page you should see 2 icons that look like a monitor screen. If you look under the first one, you should see an option for full screen. If it says Yes, click the arrow on the right side to change it to No. Then hit OK at the bottom. (Be Sure you click the OK) That will put you in Window Mode.