Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New Update: Lore spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
The new update is mainly aimed towards fixing pvp with the new turn system. This is a wonderful sign that KI is committed to fixing the pvp system but it is simply too small to do much fixing. I have made a list of other things that NEED to be fixed and others that could use some improvement and will be posting them on the message boards. It is important to keep in mind that wizard101 should be focusing on bring new people in pvp not keeping the current pvpers entertained with new sweeping updates.

Lore spells were a great addition to the game when they first came out. Spells like samoorai and goat monk gave life and balance 5 pip spells that were useful but not op. Samoorai does 460-540 damage which is around the average damage per pip of all balance hits and no effects. This is how lore spells should be modelled, useful for the specific school but not to the point that other schools get masteries simply just for the spell, like lore and rampage. Spells can still have special effects but that should be reflected in the pip cost. For example lore should be 5 pips and rampage could even reach as many as 7 pips as it does 770 damage and has a special effect. This would still make the spells useful but not make them overpowered and spammable.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Samoorai and Goat Monk needs their pips to be reduced from 5 to 4 and gain 20% more attack boost for having no effects unlike the very more useful Loremaster and Weaver.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
I think Lorespells should just stay how they are.

I love having deerknight spell only having to be 5 pips even lord of knight only cost 5 pips.

balance have 3 balance spells from loremaster but loremaster is a really hard spell to get for a balance wizard.

Kingsisle is trying to help the lower lvl get lore spells by doing rank pvp.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I agree, KI should focus on getting new players into PVP.