Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

divide spell use

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
I am pretty sure I am due to get my spell scorching scimitars soon and I was wondering: when should I use it? it does less damage then the AoE raging bull which only costs one more power pip and less damage then the single hit fire from above which only costs one more pip. I understand the whole system with confirming and how the damage lessen with more enemies but I just want to know in what situation am I going to use this?

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
I always assumed you were supposed to use it for when you want to defeat multiple enemies without using up traps set up on certain enemies. For example, say I set up traps on the boss in the spot, but I want to get rid of the three minions right away. So instead of using Khrulu to attack everyone and waste a trap, I could just use Qismah's curse to get rid of the minions.

Personally, this function doesn't really fit my strategy (blade stack, feint, AOE) so I would probably use it as another AOE (when I finally get it). My brother does the same with Iron Sultan

Amber Dreamflower Level 111
Amber Frostflower Level 2

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
So the idea with these spells is to let you kill off the minions in a boss fight that has cheats if you hit them.

You might be stacking feints, traps etc on boss or enemy and they have 2 or 3 helpers, these spells let you take them out without having to waste pips and time single targeting while also letting you stack traps

These spells hit multiple targets but are classified as a single target spell to each target.
Some bosses will hit you for using an AOE but this will let you hit multiple enemies while not triggering the cheat

The single target damage is above that of most schools AOE shadow spell but less than its single target. It's a strong single target 4 pip shadow spell great for follow ups when your pips are low to finish them off after a big hit.

Other than that they just look kinda cool so use them when ya feel like it