Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Issue with AOE spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2017
Hey everyone, Chase Deathblade here.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Whilst farming Tartarus and Darkmoor, I found myself growing bored in battles by the constant spam of AOE spells. Now, this isn't a bad thing, and I'm glad it presents a challenge to the players, but what bores me is simply the amount of time that each spell takes. Frost Giant, Storm Lord, Ra, Scarecrow, and Snow Angel are just a few examples of AOEs that take forever to complete. Mostly because spells like Giant, Angel, Crow, and Lord have "second conditions". What I mean by this, is a stun, heal back, taunt, or even weakness in the case of Nova. Even Forest Lord, a pure damage spell, takes ages to run its course.

When Khrulhu was released, it was the longest spell in the game, bar none. However, after the nerf, it hit every entity at the same time. This brings about my request which is this: Please make the "Attack on Everyone" spells hit all the targets at once. It would save player time, it would keep the player interested, and it would not discourage others from running certain dungeons because "the minions spam Giant every so often" (a common complaint with Yegevny's minions when Darkmoor was first released. But, Kingsisle, you fixed that and Khrulhu, so please take this under consideration.

Players: Why do you think KI would not do this? What issues do you see with the implemetnation of the above system? Do you like it the way it is? Do you agree with me? What stories can you share about this happening to you or your party?

Thanks for reading,

Chase Deathblade (116) - Aggrobah, Mirage

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Guavaman36 on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
Hey everyone, Chase Deathblade here.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Whilst farming Tartarus and Darkmoor, I found myself growing bored in battles by the constant spam of AOE spells. Now, this isn't a bad thing, and I'm glad it presents a challenge to the players, but what bores me is simply the amount of time that each spell takes. Frost Giant, Storm Lord, Ra, Scarecrow, and Snow Angel are just a few examples of AOEs that take forever to complete. Mostly because spells like Giant, Angel, Crow, and Lord have "second conditions". What I mean by this, is a stun, heal back, taunt, or even weakness in the case of Nova. Even Forest Lord, a pure damage spell, takes ages to run its course.

When Khrulhu was released, it was the longest spell in the game, bar none. However, after the nerf, it hit every entity at the same time. This brings about my request which is this: Please make the "Attack on Everyone" spells hit all the targets at once. It would save player time, it would keep the player interested, and it would not discourage others from running certain dungeons because "the minions spam Giant every so often" (a common complaint with Yegevny's minions when Darkmoor was first released. But, Kingsisle, you fixed that and Khrulhu, so please take this under consideration.

Players: Why do you think KI would not do this? What issues do you see with the implemetnation of the above system? Do you like it the way it is? Do you agree with me? What stories can you share about this happening to you or your party?

Thanks for reading,

Chase Deathblade (116) - Aggrobah, Mirage
I AGREE SOOOOOOO MUCH WITH YOU!!!

Aphrodite is such a pain farming, especially when all of the Tendrils spam their respective school Forest Lords, which takes FOREVER to cast. I believe dungeon run times can be significantly shortened if all AOEs hit everyone in one shot, and it would make farming much more enjoyable.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
AGREED. I used to use ra a lot, and for a while, every single battle I would have to wait and wait for the ra to hit every enemy. I might sound a bit impatient (and I kinda am) when I say that by the time it's over, I'm getting slightly annoyed about how much time it takes.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
When battles get boring, I start reading. Last night it was Beowulf while farming in Wintertusk. Seemed fitting...

Alia Misthaven