Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral power spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2017
I am confused, and hope I am just plain wrong, but, I suspect there is a glitch in all of the astral power cards. I have several different class of wizards, and on any of them when I cast an astral power on one of my attack cards, it does not give me the expected power increase.

Example, if I cast giant (+125 power) on my scarecrow attack, scarecrow goes from initial attack power of 400 to only 483.

If I cast colossal (+275 power) on my rain of fire attack it only increases from 300 + 800 to 438 + 800.

Am I missing something here or is there a real problem in how wizard101 calculates effects from astral power cards?

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
when applying the enchants to drain spells only some of the damage will go up and the rest will go to the heal. when it comes to spells like rain of fire or some other select spells the damage gets spread out so 275 doesn't get applied to each possibility of damage. its all to keep the game balanced.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Scarecrow is a drain so the enchant is split between the damage and the heal, rain of fire is a DOT so the damage is again split up between all the hits.