Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Critical needs to be nerfed back to 25% damage or lower in Player vs Player. the recent changes to buff it again make no sense, critical has only added MORE rng to the game, which wiz does not need.(with shadow pips and the instant advantage of going first) If critical is nerfed or removed in pvp, it will take more strategy and skill to win matches instead of a brainless move and hoping you critical to kill. Just a thought.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Blake GoldenHammer on Jun 29, 2017 wrote:
Critical needs to be nerfed back to 25% damage or lower in Player vs Player. the recent changes to buff it again make no sense, critical has only added MORE rng to the game, which wiz does not need.(with shadow pips and the instant advantage of going first) If critical is nerfed or removed in pvp, it will take more strategy and skill to win matches instead of a brainless move and hoping you critical to kill. Just a thought.
I for one disagree with you.

and so will a lot more players critical is part of rank pvp and tourneys it got already nerved once and doesn't kill the first time.

I got critical on a different account 4 times and still lost but that part of rank pvp.

storm has to focus on damage and critical. Ice focus on resistance that why they have higher resist then any other wizards on Wizard101.

All wizards school have different focus you just have to find a way to win yours own way.

You could try to get immune to fire or storm or any school you choose to it shouldn't be that hard for you at all.

If you play as a ice wizard you can have a lot more resist then life, death, balance, myth, storm, fire.

Or you can stop playing rank pvp if you hate the critical. It up to you.

I would rather keep critical where it is at.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I also have no clue why they upped it back to 130, sure we will never know, but guessing the people who rely on rng to actually win are more of the population than those with skill

Community Leader
  • Lemme get this straight, you're complaining about an additional 5% being tacked on to a critical hit? Reverting it back to 25% would take 100 damage off 2000 damage hit and 50 off a 1000 damage hit. That's such a infinitesimally small amount of damage compared to our wizard's max health. What makes you think it was so much less broken when criticals were doing 100 less damage? I can understand and agree with complaining about critical when it was double damage. I can somewhat understand an argument that critical shouldn't exist at all in pvp (although I completely disagree with that notion and believe that critical is completely balanced as is). Such a petty gripe is pointless in my mind, since there are so many other areas in pvp that need significant improvement.

Writer, administrator, and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP