Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thinking about trying PvP, any tips?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I have a legendary Death wizard, and I'm thinking about starting PvP with him. I've never been into PvP, though, only doing an occasional practice match, so I really don't know how to prepare or deal with other schools. Do you guys have any Legendary Death PvP tips, or just tips in general?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Every time I enter the arena thinking that I'm ready to compete, I find myself quickly defeated and in need of more time to prepare and strategize. My advise is to make sure that you are completely ready for what might come, whether that be for fighting another Death wizard or facing an opponent 40 levels higher than you. And DO NOT underestimate your opponent, even if they seem quite a bit weaker than you.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The previous advice to "get a thick skin" is definitely a must. You'll have to let loss and insults roll right off you, especially in the beginning. So to that, I'd add:

Go in expecting to lose. Seriously.

I can't tell you how much it will help your mental health if you expect to lose a lot while you're learning the ropes. Treat every defeat as a lesson you can learn something from - mistakes can be corrected! Eventually you'll see patterns of where you're going wrong and you'll correct them, making you stronger and more strategic over time.

The moment you feel yourself getting sour or the fun stops, YOU stop. Take a break. Refresh your mind and confidence with some other activity until you're ready to try again. When you do go back in, remind yourself that you're probably going to lose....

Alia Misthaven
(Everything I needed to know for PVP,
I learned from losing to the Jabberwocky)

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
Dont follow my steps I have almost zero pvp rating learn from an expert watch some blaze and blue pvp videos too

~Natalie level 64
~Natalie level 18