Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
So I have two ancient pets, one a sea dragon and the other a helephant. Both of them are fire school only and yet both of them got the talent "May cast Deathblade". Is this normal? I figured since both are fire pets they would only get Fireblade.
-Thanks, Alex

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
Now that is a new one. Their wiki talents say nothing about may cast deathblade. Have you hatched with a pet that has may cast deathblade on these pets? That's the only way I could think to make this make sense.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Hatched pets can inherit any talents from the pools of their parents, even hidden ones. The type of pet doesn't limit what talents can pass.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
A pure Sea Dragon will never have a may-cast blade. The one you have is probably mixed with a Death pet somewhere in its bloodline.

I would guess your Helephant was mix-hatched at some point as well, either with the Sea Dragon you already have or with someone else. The parent might have looked like a Fire pet but if there's a death blade in there ... it wasn't a pure pet.

Sea Dragons are not "Fire school only" in the way that Helephants are - any wizard from any school can equip and use a Sea Dragon. They just prefer Fire-based pet snacks over others but otherwise, pure Sea Dragons are truly universal pets with talents that any school can benefit from.

The only pets that are restricted to school are the ones we earn from a school-specific quest, on levels 48, 58, 78, 98, 118. (I think that's all of them....)

Alia Misthaven