Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best House

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2017
Hey wizards!

So recently I have come to face a dilemma.
I currently own the bigger krokotopia house (20k gold) however after all of tJose hoard packs I bought, I feel like I will need a BIG upgrade.

Simply put, my house is too small.

I'm currently level 29, in Marleybone however merely started questing in there. I have a strange way of going around quests, where I must do them in order of worlds.

I'm here to ask for any advice, on which castle to buy later on in the game. Crowns, gold - doesn't matter. From what I have seen in the crown shop, none of the houses seem to suit my needs for indoor and outdoor space.

I need a lot of both. See, I seem to attract a lot of large outdoor sculptures whenever I buy hoard packs.

What am I looking for? Well, as mentioned above - lots of outdoor space. I suppose the life house gives that option, however not enough indoor space. I want to make a wise, certain decision about this so I don't waste money.

Anyhow, thanks for your attention and any help you provide !

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
The red barn farm has a lot of space, plenty of room both indoors and out. It is also kinda helpful if you do gardening, cause all plants I've seen so far like that house. Plus, you can get it for both crowns and gold. (I'd rather save up my gold for it and use my crowns for something that you need* and you cant get it with gold or otherwise.)

(*Need can mean quite a few different things in some's eyes.)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The largest outdoor space is the Avalon island plot, available in the Crowns shop for 3500. (Crowns only.) It's purely an "outdoors" area designed for castle blocks. There's also an interior series of caves, ponds and waterfalls so you have many options for displaying statues.

As far as indoors goes, the largest house in the game so far is the Red Barn Farm. It's 12,500 Crowns (125,000 gold), and boasts a fairly large outdoor area plus absolutely huge rooms on the inside. As a bonus, any plants you grow there get an extra "like" from the house - meaning they grow just a bit faster.

Also in the Crowns shop, the Myth house has the largest outdoor area and a wide open space inside. It's so high that I have two-story trees in there! It's 10,000 Crowns ($100,000 gold).

Before spending Crowns or gold, I'd suggest you take some house tours via Castle Tours. Then you'd get a really clear picture of what housing options exist and how they can be decorated.

Alia Misthavan

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The largest house you can buy has 250/250 inside and outside spaces. The cheapest house of this size you can buy for gold is the jungle house boat (50k gold), if you have more gold though, get the red barn farm (125k gold), it will be great when you start gardening.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Massive Fantasy Palace!

It's ENORMOUS.

It's so much fun.

Tons of outdoor space. Lots of rooms indoors. A small cellar.

There are also secret rooms under the waterfall.
If you want space -- that will give you space.

The water is also stocked with fishies.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
SparkleTude on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Massive Fantasy Palace!

It's ENORMOUS.

It's so much fun.

As far as I know, the max space in any house without a bric-a-brac elixir is 250/250 regardless of how huge it appears.

Survivor
May 15, 2017
SparkleTude on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Massive Fantasy Palace!

It's ENORMOUS.

It's so much fun.

Where would I find this house?

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Hi again!

Just a bit of an update.
I've viewed most crown shop houses, and none really do the justice. The Barn House may be rather large but most of it is designed for growing plants which isn't really my thing.

One house that I'm particularly fond of is the 60k gold one in MooShu (Apologies I can't remember the names). I do like the myth house, but again i feel like the interior and exterior isn't too large to suit my needs!

Maybe I'll have to sell some of my furniture/items and see how it goes.
Thanks to all that have commented so far, I appreciate the help!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Deestinyer on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Where would I find this house?
This house goes on sale in the crown shop every so often. I have seen it come up for sale twice in the past.

You might be able to view one by finding it on a house tour. There is a house in the Commons in Wizard City. Go into that house and you can pick houses to view, for free, on the house tour. The houses in the tour are owned by members. It's another way to tour houses and see them. It's free.

If you are also looking at houses in cities, try the house shop in Marleybone. There are 2 nice houses in there, one big and one 'small.' I love the 'small' one for quick trips home.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
As far as I know, the max space in any house without a bric-a-brac elixir is 250/250 regardless of how huge it appears.
Small doesn't necessarily refer to storage. Some people like to decorate indoors and/or outdoors without it looking cramped. Others simply like lots of space to look at, run around in, or play tag in.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Deestinyer on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Hi again!

Just a bit of an update.
I've viewed most crown shop houses, and none really do the justice. The Barn House may be rather large but most of it is designed for growing plants which isn't really my thing.

One house that I'm particularly fond of is the 60k gold one in MooShu (Apologies I can't remember the names). I do like the myth house, but again i feel like the interior and exterior isn't too large to suit my needs!

Maybe I'll have to sell some of my furniture/items and see how it goes.
Thanks to all that have commented so far, I appreciate the help!
By the way...

If you have Crowns you might be able to purchase the Witch Hunter's Bundle, which is for sale on this website for a while.

The house that comes with that is really good. It's large, but the grounds are even larger. It has a basement and an attic and various main floor rooms. It has a teleporter on the grounds, so you can zoom up closer to the house faster. It has a graveyard with a PVP battle circle in it. It has a gravestone you can click on and get a daily prize. It has a lake. It's pretty cool, if you don't mind "spooky" atmospheres.

For $39 USD you get said house, 5000 crowns, a casket car on wheels that travels at 50% faster speed (and it is also dyeable), a vampire squirrel pet, gear and I think a wand.

Maybe that information will help you.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
I think that a good way to get a big house is the evergreen bundle it comes with a very large house especially indoors

the bundle comes with a set of good clothes, a thornblade wand, the celestial wolf mount, the spirit of the forest pet, and 5,000 crowns or a 1 month membership

Survivor
May 15, 2017
SparkleTude on Jun 29, 2017 wrote:
By the way...

If you have Crowns you might be able to purchase the Witch Hunter's Bundle, which is for sale on this website for a while.

The house that comes with that is really good. It's large, but the grounds are even larger. It has a basement and an attic and various main floor rooms. It has a teleporter on the grounds, so you can zoom up closer to the house faster. It has a graveyard with a PVP battle circle in it. It has a gravestone you can click on and get a daily prize. It has a lake. It's pretty cool, if you don't mind "spooky" atmospheres.

For $39 USD you get said house, 5000 crowns, a casket car on wheels that travels at 50% faster speed (and it is also dyeable), a vampire squirrel pet, gear and I think a wand.

Maybe that information will help you.
Hi there! Thanks for the advice, but I have bought the Red barn farm (as it's on sale) and the biggest mooshu house. (Imperial palace? Something like that) I joined them both up by teleporters, which are also joined up to the krokotopia house i bought.

I already have 4 mounts, and a rewards system through the crystal pack i bought which was also on sale :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Deestinyer on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
Hi there! Thanks for the advice, but I have bought the Red barn farm (as it's on sale) and the biggest mooshu house. (Imperial palace? Something like that) I joined them both up by teleporters, which are also joined up to the krokotopia house i bought.

I already have 4 mounts, and a rewards system through the crystal pack i bought which was also on sale :)
OK no problem. The information was also for others who will read the topic in future.

I thought you didn't want to buy Red Barn. But I'm glad you are happy with your decisions.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Since you are the only person that knows what you exactly want, I recommend going through Castle Tours in the Commons and take tours around the houses. Then you will be able to take a look for yourself! Happy House Hunting!
-Alia SparkleGrove