Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

friendly thought about the family accounts . . .

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
think twice before joining accounts . . . I fell to it and added grandies so I could buy them memberships . . . the problem of no way to unlink the accounts is even bad for families.

EVENTUALLY, the kids will be old enough to handle their own accounts and they won't be able to because the owner of the family account can't release the sub-accounts from the family account and all of the money invested in the games will be forever lost to the family members that will not be able to control their accounts or pay their membership fees.

IF I am wrong in this, I hope someone will tell me how a kid will control their own account once they are old enough to pay for their own.

This is a very troublesome issue for me and my grandies and now they don't want to play anymore. I didn't know how else to pay their memberships . . . too late now.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Your grandies can open their own second account with out adding to existing family accounts and use it to purchase memberships, crowns, etc. to gift to their original accounts using the Gift Certificate option here on line.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
They would need the master account password to update their accounts or buy membership. People have been asking for a way to unlink accounts forever now. Hopefully KI can think of a way to let legitimate accounts do that, I imagine they fear that allowing anyone to unlink accounts would lead to more account selling, etc.