Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Counter - Is there a problem?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hey,

I always wondered if there is a problem with the treasure cards counter (0/999).

What happens is that it always displays more cards than I am actually holding. I know, I know, gardening spells do count towards it, but EVEN SO, even if I sell most of my treasure at the Bazaar, it will always have more than 600.

I simply cannot find out what is draining my space so much!!! I sold A BUNCH of treasures I had from my couch potatoes, but it still displays A HUGE amount.

Is there anything I might be missing? Is it shared among my wizards? (Which would be understandable)

Please help

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Treasure cards are not shared with your wizards on your account. Each wizard can have 999 treasure cards. Note you can Right click cards to trash ones you cannot sell. If you Can see 0 cards in Treasure card Section and 0 in gardening I would email Kingsisle if the number is still 600. Sounds like it might be a broken cache issue or some such thing. They can always help out. Select your issue that best defines what the problem is and then make a summary as a title of the message. Then type out a friendly message with your username an the character you are on. Kingsisle will get back to you via email when you submit from this form: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game Good Luck :)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Look in your TC deck, from my experience the number is actually correct. Could be you have a bunch of non sellable cards or something you are not seeing if you are using the bazaar view.

Having said that, many people will buy extra decks just for treasure card storage.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
It could have something to do with your side decks. For instance, I have 16 decks (don't ask), and I have filled up the side cards in each one. Sometimes, I go into a side deck and remove cards from it, and don't replace it with any more. Those removed side deck cards will then add to the total number of cards, and I will see something like 1098 cards out of 999. At that point, I cannot get any more cards - if i win any, or get some from gardening, I get the "You have too many cards in your card deck..." message. If I go back in and add cards back to the side deck, then the card count drops again. Once it is below 999, i will be able to add more cards again.

From time to time, I clear out all the side cards from all my decks to get an accurate count of all my cards. Then I just sell off until the total number of cards is below 999, then I start adding some back to the side decks. This way it will be awhile before I exceed the 999 card count again.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Also check your spell decks, as they often have TC in them, however I don't think this counts towards your total?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
exp613 on Jun 19, 2017 wrote:
Also check your spell decks, as they often have TC in them, however I don't think this counts towards your total?
Cards stored in a deck do not count towards the total, this is why people buy extra decks just for TC storage.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Guys, thank you very much for all of your replies.

Once I got home, I will check AGAIN one by one and count them, I'm not crazy!!! I'm very sure the amount I got does not correspond to what's being showed. I will reply to this thread once I am done.

P.S: thank you also for the deck storage tip, I had no idea I could store my TCs without affecting the total amount.