Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new game idea...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Here’s my idea:

Make the boss shadow spells farmable. What I mean by this is Dark Fiend, the weird-looking purplish Shadow sentinel variant, among others. One of the most important aspects of this feature would be an only +15 backlash modifier. This would allow people to stay alive longer in PvP, and it would reduce the amount of damage caused by backlash that failed to reduce properly.

Not to mention it would give players something new to farm for.

I was thinking that these could be a drop from a secret boss-type gauntlet, with Old Cob being the main hitter. My stats for him would be 40,000 max health, full shadow (meaning 7) pip set, full power pip set, and maybe some pierce boosting and weird spell variants. I was thinking that since we will probably have to encounter him again in this world or the next, at 1 hp left he would flee the duel.
I would not want this to replace Omen Stribog, rather, to strengthen that gauntlet as well. I thought that a possible rare drop from Omen could include a “Shadow Key” that each player would need in order to unlock Old Cob’s chamber. Don’t fret, only the first person to flee the duel and not return would lose their Shadow key.
Once Old Cob is successfully defeated, the keys would be permanently used up for each player.
Also, this would allow for some cool Crown Shop-type packs as well, like a Shadow’s hoard pack, that could drop some cool stuff from Omen, namely some wings, wands, mounts, etc.
The benefit for this is that not only would it boost crown shop sales, people would still need to farm Omen himself in order to obtain a shadow key. I was also thinking that it could introduce some new battle mechanics, like wings that could give you shadow affinity / pip-boosting stats, as well as an Omen Stribog pet that could mimic his maycasts.

I hope we see more cool updates like this over the summer and beyond. Let me know what you all think, and hopefully we can share some more cool ideas with each other.

Respectfully Yours,

Legacy

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Also:

I thought what would be really cool would be craftable shadow spells that could be unlocked after we defeat old cob, maybe after he drops his staff or something. Each spell would be unique and would depend on your stats in game.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Im a little confused as we can already get all the shadow spells the bosses use?

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
Im a little confused as we can already get all the shadow spells the bosses use?
We don't have all of them, I don't know what the name of it is. It looks like a dog type creature when the boss transforms. We also don't have another one which is the horned shadow creature.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
morgandarkrider1 on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
We don't have all of them, I don't know what the name of it is. It looks like a dog type creature when the boss transforms. We also don't have another one which is the horned shadow creature.
shadow fiend is the dog looking one

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Farming for shadow spells sounds like a nice way to pass time.

I definitely like the idea of having shadow spells that are limited to your school only, as in they cannot be obtained through training points by other schools.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan SilverBlood 54 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion
Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive