Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slim-Quik The Wizard City GateKeepers

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i'm pretty sure no one is going to say "Oh hey i missed it when they was fat" but since its been years, and KI graphics have severely improved, is it possible for all the "GateKeepers" "Privates" to be slimmed down, bulked out, i mean, i always pictured them being like the police... something happens, they need to prevent it from escaping into other locations..... how do you chase someone when you're running 3mi per hour, to their 11.... just, remodel, make them more fierce.....

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Well for those of us who like seeing things in the past that made us smile I don't think we agree. It's also a severely small change and nobody in 5 years will be like man I wish the old fat guys.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Just because they can/need to update graphics has absolutely no affect on how fluffy or trim the guards are in Wizard City. Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm fine if they want to update Graphics, but making it so the guards are different sizes for me is an utter waste of time and there are many many other details that I would find more interesting and a better use of KI's time and resources (namely new areas, new spells, making things smoother instead of choppy in the graphics.)

Also I am going to say "I miss it when they were fat" because, I think it provides more character/is cartoony fun that way not to mention the nostolgia. There already exists other human characters that are more slim and other human characters that are more physically fit. I do not think that the guards need to be changed. That is a waste of time.

I personally think that they are more funny that way, and the voices fit with their characters. Also just because someone is fat, doesn't mean they can't run, think of Dwarves, they are always running in Lord of The Rings from Dragons and badguys etc. and it's just fine.

So again, DO NOT CHANGE THEM, I feel that there are better things/more important things for KI to do at the moment.

Also don't tell me you've never seen an overweight cop or not heard the doughnut eating cop stereotype. They exist. Also they aren't chasing anyone down, they are the gatekeepers. There may be more trim guards out and about, you just haven't seen them because they are on patrol or holiday. The Guards generally tend to stay put, perhaps it's a workplace hazard.

Anyway, again, do not change them. As it is not a high priority item and I think they are more likeable as they currently are in the game.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
When not add female guards? Always wondered about that.

Also, can't some wizards been stationed as "guards" as well? I'd like to see that. It IS Wizard City after all.

Who's going to protect the citizens when we're attacked by some power-crazy evil doer? Sergeant Stillson with his spear? Apparently the only guard stationed in the Commons?

I think not. Switch up their weapons. They don't have to all be slim, but they can at least look fierce as camahawk stated.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan SilverBlood 52 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion
Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
exp613 on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Just because they can/need to update graphics has absolutely no affect on how fluffy or trim the guards are in Wizard City. Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm fine if they want to update Graphics, but making it so the guards are different sizes for me is an utter waste of time and there are many many other details that I would find more interesting and a better use of KI's time and resources (namely new areas, new spells, making things smoother instead of choppy in the graphics.)

Also I am going to say "I miss it when they were fat" because, I think it provides more character/is cartoony fun that way not to mention the nostolgia. There already exists other human characters that are more slim and other human characters that are more physically fit. I do not think that the guards need to be changed. That is a waste of time.

I personally think that they are more funny that way, and the voices fit with their characters. Also just because someone is fat, doesn't mean they can't run, think of Dwarves, they are always running in Lord of The Rings from Dragons and badguys etc. and it's just fine.

So again, DO NOT CHANGE THEM, I feel that there are better things/more important things for KI to do at the moment.

Also don't tell me you've never seen an overweight cop or not heard the doughnut eating cop stereotype. They exist. Also they aren't chasing anyone down, they are the gatekeepers. There may be more trim guards out and about, you just haven't seen them because they are on patrol or holiday. The Guards generally tend to stay put, perhaps it's a workplace hazard.

Anyway, again, do not change them. As it is not a high priority item and I think they are more likeable as they currently are in the game.
Oh yes the cartooney aspect. Aw well, this can be speculation for future worlds if anything.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan SilverBlood 54 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion
(Currently Questing through Celestia)
Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive