Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wand neglect!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2012
You're a new player entering the game. One of the first things you receive is your very own wand and spell deck! You're so excited, it reminds you of one of your favorite wizard movies.
But as you progress, you start finding other magic-conductors; staves, swords, flags, and yes even the occasional wand. But the reality is there simply are not that many high-level wands in the game.

My suggestion is for KingsIsle to go back to the basics: WANDS! The gear slot is named after them, for crying out loud. And instead we just see more random items being added instead of really nice wands.

I want to see more wands. Not daggers, not swords, not staves, not scepters with little decorations on them, true wands. Like the ones we receive in the beginning, but better.

I want to see glowing wands, sparkling wands, wands that pulse, intricate wands, whacky wands, just make more wands! I'm tired of staves and swords. We're wizards, for crying out loud. Not warriors.

Feel free to post a reply! Do you agree? Do you disagree? Let me know, just be constructive about it.

Nicole Blood, 100

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
The reason we have so many swords and stuff is because of worlds like Avalon, Grizzlehiem and so on but their are loads of wands for lower level wizards you can stitch. Just go farm Wizard city and Krok for them

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think that the Staffs are fine. I personally don't care much for the swords and bows. The "Reliquary" type items I think are fine too (Books and Crystals etc.,) however I think their animations need to be updated sometimes. I think more cool wands would be awesome too! Maybe some of the Wands that are Pigswick Academy could be new stitches by farming bosses there. I do think that just some new wands would be awesome too. I'm with you, I want to play WIZARD101 not necessarily any of these other 101s that are kinda sneaking in. I mean it's fine that they are there, but I agree some new powerful wands would be cool!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I've got tons of wands including glowing ones, sparkling ones, a mandolin, a spear, a bow and arrow and many other types of wands. There are books and a skull and I can't even remember them all.
You can win them or find them in packs.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I agree! I'd like to see more wands too.

It seems like most of the really unique weapon designs are given to staves instead. For example, Malistaire the Undying, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades all drop staves.

Many craftable weapons with unique designs are also staves like the Staff or Stasis or the Scales of Time.

Most wands whether they be crafted or dropped tend to use the same models of stuff you can find at the Bazaar. More variety and unique models for wands would be nice.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
only reason i can see there not being much of wand out there, is a wand, is a stick you hold and cast magic out of it... not much else to it, a 1foot long stick... and your character's hand covers 4inches of that 1foot... so space for creativity, and still having appeal is quiet slim... "but harry potter has a multitude of different designs" yeah and HP is also a movie, where graphics dont really mean much

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
camahawk on May 29, 2017 wrote:
only reason i can see there not being much of wand out there, is a wand, is a stick you hold and cast magic out of it... not much else to it, a 1foot long stick... and your character's hand covers 4inches of that 1foot... so space for creativity, and still having appeal is quiet slim... "but harry potter has a multitude of different designs" yeah and HP is also a movie, where graphics dont really mean much
I feel this way about the knives. They all look the same to me, PLUS you never see them, or the necklaces.

At least we see our wizard holding the staff or wand.

I think they could come up with more things for it, and more animations.

Why doesn't the bow and arrow have a bow and arrow animation btw?