Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People being Annoying

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
So i was farming the loremaster today and at least one guy every battle was just plain annoying.

For example this one lvl 80 storm called Ryan RainbowRider had energy gear on and kept saying random stuff from menu chat, and whenever we asked him to do something like cleanse me (i was attacking) he would either ignore us or cleanse himself even if he didnt have any blades/weaknesses on! As well as this the round before i was attacking i said "attacking next can someone blade/cleanse?" he hit with a deer knight wasting all my feints!

I asked him why and he replied with the stupid Ryan WindHunter attack with spell and i said no im luluing and he then said "i got boss" then when i hit he went "hey why you take my target" "stick to the strategy" and repeated the attack with thing.

This is really irritating and i hate it when people do this. Do you think he was trying to be annoying or was he just stupid or something? (Not being mean just dont understand how someone can do that without being stupid)

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
First off I am not sure you can use peoples in game names on this forum, I know in the past on other game forums you cannot so just be weary of that. Also looks like you have a troll on your hands my friend. Just block him and it should help a bit.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Hi Ryan

To try to answer -- I have honestly wasted other players' feints by mistake. My eyesight isn't the best and I can't afford new eyewear so...all I can say is the feint looks like other things to me and the figures are sometimes tiny and the blades/shields/feints even tinier. I wish it had a much more unique color and shape!

So on that part maybe he didn't pay attention or wasn't thinking or didn't see it.
I can't explain his other actions. They make no sense to me.

It sounds by your account, and I wasn't there so I don't want to defame him but, by your account, it sounds like he might have been bored and having fun teasing you or the other players. All I can say is if someone like that knows they get a reaction or a rise out of you, they will continue or get worse, so, don't give them any reactions at all, get through it and then delete them.
If you ask them what they are doing and you asked politely (that part is important, because some people hate whining or accusations), and they did some more strange things or laughed then yes you were being trolled.

On the other side of it...I recently (few weeks ago) hit a guy's feint by mistake and he kept griping about it non stop until I couldn't take it any more. I apologized more than once and explained it wasn't on purpose but nothing appeased him so I fled. I'm sorry but accidents happen and it's all for fun in the end anyway, not actual life/death.

So don't be too hard on someone until it gets extreme, and then just ask politely what's going on. If they keep it up or worsen, it's a trolling.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
The other thing is: I have joined a team up for loremaster and the others were much better players than I was. I might've been a decent level but it didn't mean I understood all strategies or had played loremaster before. So if I had made mistakes and they were angry with me I would've felt really bad.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
What's the big strategy with Loremaster, seems pretty simple to me. AOE until the minions are gone (with special emphasis on getting the ice first and life second) then kill Loremaster. Even a really bad team up will kill her in around 7 rounds.

What gear they were wearing is basically irrelevant. They also may not have access to regular chat, and may find someone ordering them around for what is essentially a basic battle annoying. Also, expecting someone to cleanse or blade you in any battle is just about as bad as expecting life wizards to heal you every time you get hurt.

If you want blades or cleanse, cast them on yourself. Or in the case of weakness cast a wand spell. The point is, expecting someone to play to your strategy in Team Up is probably just going to frustrate you to no end. Either make a team of friends/associates and strategize with them, or accept that Team Up is just going to be random people who are going to do things their own way.

Nothing in the situation you spoke of appears to be someone acting stupid. It just sounds like they were possibly getting annoyed at you and decided to be stubborn. If I were in a Loremaster Team Up and someone starts telling me what to do then I would ignore them too...after you have beat her a hundred times or so you really don't need someone talking you through it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
re: using people's in-game names on the forum: it *should* be a non-issue, since there's no way to trace the name to a specific account; there are probably thousands of ryan rainbowriders, therefore calling someone out by in-game name is not harassment (my opinion, of course).

back on topic, though~ yeah, i've been in dungeons with people like that. and it's frustrating because there's nothing you can really do except ignore them (maybe not the best idea if you're in a dungeon with them, but it's literally the only choice we have).

when i encounter these people, i just ignore them (not with the button~ i just disregard anything s/he says).

-von

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Ryan, the annoying player in your post could have also be an menu chat player which means he couldn't tell what you were saying with text chat. That could have led to the confusion. It's sometimes very frustrating for all involved to communicate through menu chat but if he was a menu chat player, I would cut the annoying player some slack.

Moira Stormheart.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Goldenoak1 on May 19, 2017 wrote:
What's the big strategy with Loremaster, seems pretty simple to me. AOE until the minions are gone (with special emphasis on getting the ice first and life second) then kill Loremaster. Even a really bad team up will kill her in around 7 rounds.

What gear they were wearing is basically irrelevant. They also may not have access to regular chat, and may find someone ordering them around for what is essentially a basic battle annoying. Also, expecting someone to cleanse or blade you in any battle is just about as bad as expecting life wizards to heal you every time you get hurt.

If you want blades or cleanse, cast them on yourself. Or in the case of weakness cast a wand spell. The point is, expecting someone to play to your strategy in Team Up is probably just going to frustrate you to no end. Either make a team of friends/associates and strategize with them, or accept that Team Up is just going to be random people who are going to do things their own way.

Nothing in the situation you spoke of appears to be someone acting stupid. It just sounds like they were possibly getting annoyed at you and decided to be stubborn. If I were in a Loremaster Team Up and someone starts telling me what to do then I would ignore them too...after you have beat her a hundred times or so you really don't need someone talking you through it.
Ok so first off he had text chat as he did speak without menu chat just kept spamming menu chat.

Next i think your a little confused as you seem to think i was forcing people to do my strategy this is NOT the case, he was saying stick to the strategy NOT me and i dont know why.

Thirdly i simply asked if he had a cleanse as he was a storm wizard i wasnt ordering him to cleanse me.

I was simply the higher level with the most damage so i was attacking and this guy just ignored me and the two other people in our team up group

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Moira Stormheart on May 19, 2017 wrote:
Ryan, the annoying player in your post could have also be an menu chat player which means he couldn't tell what you were saying with text chat. That could have led to the confusion. It's sometimes very frustrating for all involved to communicate through menu chat but if he was a menu chat player, I would cut the annoying player some slack.

Moira Stormheart.
I thought that too untill he said something with text chat so thats why i got so annoyed cause he clearly could understand what we were saying to him

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Goldenoak1 on May 19, 2017 wrote:

"What's the big strategy with Loremaster, seems pretty simple to me. AOE until the minions are gone"

There's no way to know that if you hadn't played against Loremaster before ;)

And if you didn't know to google him. Or didn't think of it in time.

"re: using people's in-game names on the forum: it *should* be a non-issue, since there's no way to trace the name to a specific account; there are probably thousands of"

Dr Von: Unless someone who is the wrong [name here] got yelled at next time they logged in because readers thought they were the one in the forum post.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
SparkleTude on May 20, 2017 wrote:
"What's the big strategy with Loremaster, seems pretty simple to me. AOE until the minions are gone"

There's no way to know that if you hadn't played against Loremaster before ;)

And if you didn't know to google him. Or didn't think of it in time.

"re: using people's in-game names on the forum: it *should* be a non-issue, since there's no way to trace the name to a specific account; there are probably thousands of"

Dr Von: Unless someone who is the wrong [name here] got yelled at next time they logged in because readers thought they were the one in the forum post.
i don't see how that could possibly happen unless the *insert name here* specifically claimed that s/he was the person who did it. but perhaps i overestimate the kindness of folks on these boards.

@op: since "being rude" is not reportable, your safest bet is to just ignore people like this, whether with the button or in general.

-von

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
RYAN DEATHSTORM on May 20, 2017 wrote:
I thought that too untill he said something with text chat so thats why i got so annoyed cause he clearly could understand what we were saying to him
Someone else said maybe the person didn't like to be bossed. Could be some of that going on -- I don't either, and nor do many other people. If a captain wasn't elected, then shouting orders is gonna tick some people off.

Do I think he overreacted a bit in return? Yeah.

Maybe try a different tactic w/teammates and see if they are less 'annoying.'

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
SparkleTude on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Someone else said maybe the person didn't like to be bossed. Could be some of that going on -- I don't either, and nor do many other people. If a captain wasn't elected, then shouting orders is gonna tick some people off.

Do I think he overreacted a bit in return? Yeah.

Maybe try a different tactic w/teammates and see if they are less 'annoying.'
I have said three times now i wasnt bossing him at all, if anything he was bossing us around

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
RYAN DEATHSTORM on May 21, 2017 wrote:
I have said three times now i wasnt bossing him at all, if anything he was bossing us around
I'm giving up and won't reply to similar topics from you in future, because what some of us have been trying to say is perhaps your view is a bit biased. You asked for opinions but don't want to hear them.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
SparkleTude on May 21, 2017 wrote:
I'm giving up and won't reply to similar topics from you in future, because what some of us have been trying to say is perhaps your view is a bit biased. You asked for opinions but don't want to hear them.
Im just trying to make you understand that i wasnt being mean as your making me out to be a bossy/mean person that was provoking this person and thats not the case. It's NOT that im not taking your opinions, and in fact i have taken a lot of peoples advice about ignoring him and future people, I just dont like when people assume im one thing when in fact im the opposite

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
RYAN DEATHSTORM on May 22, 2017 wrote:
Im just trying to make you understand that i wasnt being mean as your making me out to be a bossy/mean person that was provoking this person and thats not the case. It's NOT that im not taking your opinions, and in fact i have taken a lot of peoples advice about ignoring him and future people, I just dont like when people assume im one thing when in fact im the opposite
Ryan we have to make some assumptions because 1, we were not there and 2, we have one side of the story. That's what I'm trying to communicate.

Trying to offer you all sorts of potential points of view from HIS point of view, but I think you are mistaking that for me or for us condemning or insulting you some way.

My point is that for some players if you tell them anything to do at all they can see it as bossy. I think you missed everything else I've said and that's the only part that stands out and that you mistook that for my opinion. I've kept saying I wasn't there. I have no personal opinion. Just trying to answer your original question. You asked why he behaved that way or something like that. Fact is we can't tell you. We can only guess or as you put it "assume." And I began by offering practical advice IIRC.

I've learned people just mostly want to hear they were blameless and the other person was all wrong so this wasn't a question so much as a vent maybe. In which case what you wanted was support and advice maybe.

Maybe he felt he's a seasoned player too and maybe he honestly felt you were messing up the battle. That's not me saying you WERE messing up the battle. I hope you can see the difference.