Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear for Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
Ok, so I was doing the Pendragon with these two girls who told me that I needed to get better gear, because mine was too low level. I told them I hadn't found anything anywhere near as good as the low level set I had from a bundle, but they suggested I do Waterworks. I did it, and got nothing that would even work remotely well for me. I'm almost a level 80 Ice. What gear should I get and where can I find it?

James Soulshard

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
A lot of people claim the Waterworks gear is the best set you can get up until around level 100. They also usually say if you don't feel like farming for waterworks gear you can craft the gear from Wintertusk (which is what I did). Most of my equipment was from Wintertusk except my helm which is from Avalon crafting and I haven't had too much trouble in Azteca so far. Think the hardest fight thus far for me was some death boss who cheat casts that Frankenstein spell ever few rounds unless you figure out his rules, and I am probably 3/4 through Azteca at the moment.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
goldenoak1, that sounds great! Can you tell me who and where the vendor is? I'd love to craft the gear before I start Azteca.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I cannot recall the exact area where the vendor is, but I am pretty sure its one of the first zones in Wintertusk. You should have...unless you already completed it...a crafting quest for the vendor, which you would have to complete before you can craft the gear you want.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
Ok, so I found the vendor, but I need a certain crafting badge. I hadn't worked my way that far through the crafting quests, so I might have to spend an incredibly long time on crafting. I honestly am going to probably have to work for weeks on crafting or just grind Waterworks if I want good gear for Azteca. If I don't do either of these things, the game will be incredibly hard, and it's sad. I might be better off just grinding Waterworks.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Personally, I use the Atlantea robe and boots and I'm doing good in Azteca. Maybe those could work for you?