Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

huge shadow pip problem. i need help immediately.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Hello,

I have a problem. Ever since the release of Mirage, I've only been allowed to have one shadow pip. This is very problematic for my max level life character. I did all the requirements to get the second shadow pip, in fact, i had the second shadow pip all the way until Mirage went live. Has anyone had this problem? Can someone please help??

Thank you,
Angela

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
Are you sure it's not just your gear? Sometimes the gear you are wearing influences the amount of shadow pips you receive. I'd check there to see what parts of your gear give what amount of shadow pips.
Otherwise, I would contact support. It may be a glitch that needs to be fixed.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You should post this in the Halston's Lab section, where bugs are discussed. Perhaps Dworgyn will be kind enough to move your post there.

I will tell you that my Fire, Rowan, never had much trouble getting shadow pips until Mirage came out, then it seemed she never got one. When I changed her gear to increase her shadow pip percentage, that issue went away and she's back to normal (how she was in Polaris). So it's possible that KI changed the percentage mechanics in some way with this release, and we have to adapt by changing our gear.

The first thing I would suggest, then, is reviewing your gear. Did you upgrade it recently? If so, try going back to your previous gear and test how your pips come up. Do you start getting two pips again? Problem solved! On the other hand, have you NOT upgraded recently? If not, consider changing to gear that enhances your shadow pip percentage. Adding 5% shadow pip chance may make all the difference.

If none of that works and you still aren't getting a second pip.... there may be an actual glitch. You'd have to contact customer support in that case.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I noticed a decrease as well; there is a triangle jewel that gives a 2% shadow pip boost that I use that helps out a lot. the newer gear from packs and dropped gear from exalted one shots give some shadow pip boost.

Maybe look into that?

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
So, I'm only level 63 but by my guess you might have a disappear glitch. I sat in battle a few min ago and the people I was with weren't moving, and you couldn't see the cast thing. Probably something related to not showing up, but still being there (I couldn't see their blades or shields either :o).