Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Impossible housing items placement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I like to take castle tours, and am blown away at what some folks are able to do that I cannot. How on earth do some people get to place many objects super close or even overlapping? And they can put things in places not designated for placement, like boats in water? And float objects in the air? How do they do that stuff? Is there some special program or procedure that allows this kind of stuff? I want to do that too! Does anyone know?

Thank you,

Darby Dragon heart

Frustrated Designer

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I was baffled too when I first started; it is a glitch using rugs to float objects.
there are a few vids on youtube that show how to do it.

Happy Decorating

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Have you ever been decorating and twirled a rug, only to have it "grab" something and spin it around into a weird location? Everything turns red and then you have to pick it all up in order to set things right?

Well, that annoying little glitch is a decorator's best friend!

Google for the Wizard101 Rug Glitch tutorial.

Watch and be amazed.

The basic tools needed are two Tatami mats, but a larger area rug also sometimes helps. Some people use two crates placed side-by-side and then the tatami mats to float small object in mid-air. There's also a trick you can do with scaffolding (purchased in Krokotopia housing shop), but I haven't mastered that one. With the scaffolding done just right, it's possible to sink items into the ground.

Another helpful set of tools for glitching is using castle blocks. Put up a castle block wall, hang something on it, then remove the castle block wall. Whatever you hung on it will stay in place. The same thing works if you set something on the 'roof' of a Floor & Ceiling castle block. First set down a rug, then the item you want to float. Remove the rug using the rug glitch and then slide the castle Floor/Ceiling away. The item should stay floating.

Castle blocks plus rug glitches are also used to get up into impossibly high places.

For floating boats in water, use a very large area rug to hold the boat, then do the rug glitch to swing the rug out into the water. Use another rug to glitch the area rug away. The boat will be left behind.

These tricks do take some practice to master, but once you get the hang of it, the decorating possibilities are only limited by your imagination ... and your budget.

Alia Misthaven