Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Question

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
While farming Ld. Nightshade for his animus, I received a Dark Sprite pet and I'm very happy about this. I'm very disappointed by the looks of the Death school's pets - they're all ugly. Yes, I like my Avenging Fossil's powers but I've always wanted a "cute" pet.
My question is this: If I hatch my Avenging Fossil with the Dark Sprite is there a chance I'll get a Dark Sprite with the powers of the Avenging Fossil or will I only get Avenging Fossils from hatching?
P.S. don't tell me about how great the Gulture is: I already have one and it's ugly, too.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah, I thought that the new Oppossum pet could have looked a little prettier for balance. You can cross a Gulture and a Possum to get a Deathy Possum if you're interested.

To answer you're question though: Yes, I but it would be like a million rehatches trying to transfer stats over and it wouldn't give the card that your Avenging Fossil does.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You do have a chance at getting a Dark Sprite back. By hatching your two pets, some of the Fossil talents will start to transfer over to the Dark Sprite.

If you are happy with your A.Fossil talents, then you should go ahead and continue hatching. One hatch won't cut it, so you might have to do it many times before you get the talents you want from the Fossil.

(for example) (you won't always get a Dark Sprite back, but, let's pretend it's a perfect hatch)

Dark Sprite #1 + Avenging Fossil = Dark Sprite #2

Dark Sprite #2 + Avenging Fossil = Dark Sprite #3

Dark Sprite #3 + Avenging Fossil = Dark Sprite #4

etc, etc. Keep hatching until you get the desired pet and talents you want.

In terms of 'cuteness', I do have Death pets I think are 'cute'. Mummy Cat, Deathdactyl, Death Yeti, Death Hound (?)(the sort-of invisible hound), Black Cat ........ I'm sure there are others, but that's what I could think of off the top of my head.

Defender
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on May 8, 2017 wrote:
While farming Ld. Nightshade for his animus, I received a Dark Sprite pet and I'm very happy about this. I'm very disappointed by the looks of the Death school's pets - they're all ugly. Yes, I like my Avenging Fossil's powers but I've always wanted a "cute" pet.
My question is this: If I hatch my Avenging Fossil with the Dark Sprite is there a chance I'll get a Dark Sprite with the powers of the Avenging Fossil or will I only get Avenging Fossils from hatching?
P.S. don't tell me about how great the Gulture is: I already have one and it's ugly, too.
Go to Life or other school. Life has satyr, forest lord, gnome, dryad, and kookaburra. They all are very cute. Alway you can hatch with your avenging fossil with your dark spite. You might get one or the other it is 50/50 so you just have to been lucky

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
God life wizard on May 8, 2017 wrote:
Go to Life or other school. Life has satyr, forest lord, gnome, dryad, and kookaburra. They all are very cute. Alway you can hatch with your avenging fossil with your dark spite. You might get one or the other it is 50/50 so you just have to been lucky
I'm not just hatching for cuteness, but also for talents/grants best for a Death Wizard.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on May 8, 2017 wrote:
You do have a chance at getting a Dark Sprite back. By hatching your two pets, some of the Fossil talents will start to transfer over to the Dark Sprite.

If you are happy with your A.Fossil talents, then you should go ahead and continue hatching. One hatch won't cut it, so you might have to do it many times before you get the talents you want from the Fossil.

(for example) (you won't always get a Dark Sprite back, but, let's pretend it's a perfect hatch)

Dark Sprite #1 + Avenging Fossil = Dark Sprite #2

Dark Sprite #2 + Avenging Fossil = Dark Sprite #3

Dark Sprite #3 + Avenging Fossil = Dark Sprite #4

etc, etc. Keep hatching until you get the desired pet and talents you want.

In terms of 'cuteness', I do have Death pets I think are 'cute'. Mummy Cat, Deathdactyl, Death Yeti, Death Hound (?)(the sort-of invisible hound), Black Cat ........ I'm sure there are others, but that's what I could think of off the top of my head.
Just so long as I have a chance for that Sprite, that's all I ask.
Thank you for the advice!