Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Incindiate Spell doesn't Work

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I posted about this and no response yet so I will try again.

I have been testing out this spell (using Detonate to compare while in same battle), and It Does Not Work.
Nothing happens at all. It is as if it was never casted.

Any other Fire Wiz out there that has the spell from the Dahlia Hat, is it the same outcome for you as well?

This Bug needs Exterminated

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I play 2 fire wizards and I have the same problem with Detonate. I cast it and nothing happens. Can someone please explain to me how it works?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Detonate is working fine;
how it works - when you cast a DoT spell (link for example), if you hit detonate on the very next turn it will make the dots hit the remaining 2 rounds worth of damage at once plus the extra 100 damage on top of it.

make you sure you have enough pip build to cast your dot and detonate back to back otherwise it doesn't do anything. test it out with link or elf to see how it works.

Incindiate is supposed to work the same way (a higher powered version of detonate) with 200 extra damage instead of 100 and it says will affect All targets (which would be great for the AOE DoT spells). This is the one that isn't working.

hope I explained detonate well enough, and thanks for responding

oh, and when you use detonate there isn't any spell graphic to it, you will just see your dots do double damage then disappear.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Dworgyn on May 5, 2017 wrote:
We'll take a look at it. thanks!
Thanks Dworgyn, You Rock btw

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SilverbackMonkey on May 5, 2017 wrote:
Detonate is working fine;
how it works - when you cast a DoT spell (link for example), if you hit detonate on the very next turn it will make the dots hit the remaining 2 rounds worth of damage at once plus the extra 100 damage on top of it.

make you sure you have enough pip build to cast your dot and detonate back to back otherwise it doesn't do anything. test it out with link or elf to see how it works.

Incindiate is supposed to work the same way (a higher powered version of detonate) with 200 extra damage instead of 100 and it says will affect All targets (which would be great for the AOE DoT spells). This is the one that isn't working.

hope I explained detonate well enough, and thanks for responding

oh, and when you use detonate there isn't any spell graphic to it, you will just see your dots do double damage then disappear.
Thank You, I'll try that.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on May 5, 2017 wrote:
I play 2 fire wizards and I have the same problem with Detonate. I cast it and nothing happens. Can someone please explain to me how it works?
When you cast a dot, it should destroy the dot and do the total damage it would do in 3 rounds. For example, if you cast a 3 pip heckhound, it will do 390 damage over 3 rounds. The first round, it does 130. The next round, you use detonate and does 390 on top of the 130, as it is the damage of all 3 rounds combined.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Daniel BattleLeaf on May 6, 2017 wrote:
When you cast a dot, it should destroy the dot and do the total damage it would do in 3 rounds. For example, if you cast a 3 pip heckhound, it will do 390 damage over 3 rounds. The first round, it does 130. The next round, you use detonate and does 390 on top of the 130, as it is the damage of all 3 rounds combined.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Daniel BattleLeaf on May 6, 2017 wrote:
Heckhound is an Xpip spell - it uses all of your pips. No Way to use Detonate after Heckhound next round - Detonate requires 4 pips remember? (unless you have a fire teammate using as a follow up hit?)

There is a Reason I suggested to Patrick to test out on Elf/Link, etc.
And if one round of damage has already been dealt, Detonate destroys the Remaining Dots, not the entirety of the original Hit. That is why Detonate does nothing if you only have one round of damage dot left.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
On the topic, have been testing out Detonate as well; it is dealing the proper burst of dot left, but there is no 100% damage on top of it?

Now I am totally confused on both detonate and incindiate; No extra damage boost when using these spells as quoted on the spell card?

would love some clarification on these spells please from @Dworgyn.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
SilverbackMonkey on May 9, 2017 wrote:
On the topic, have been testing out Detonate as well; it is dealing the proper burst of dot left, but there is no 100% damage on top of it?

Now I am totally confused on both detonate and incindiate; No extra damage boost when using these spells as quoted on the spell card?

would love some clarification on these spells please from @Dworgyn.
Hi. There might be some confusion.

Detonate doesn't increase the amount of damage done by all DoTs. When it says 'deals 100% damage,' it doesn't mean *plus* 100 percent damage. It just does 100 percent of the remaining damage that would have been done . . . no increase or decrease.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
thanks for clearing that up Dworgyn in regards to Detonate; so, with Incindiate (card says deals 200%) is it supposed to do double damage on remaining dots?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
SilverbackMonkey on May 11, 2017 wrote:
thanks for clearing that up Dworgyn in regards to Detonate; so, with Incindiate (card says deals 200%) is it supposed to do double damage on remaining dots?
Oh, @Dworgyn, I tested out Incindiate some more, still doesn't destroy any Dot.

Look forward to your reply when fixed

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I keep testing out Incindiate; using Scald. Been a few weeks now and still a No Go; it does Absolutely Nothing; it's as if was never cast.

Would Be Nice if the spell would work (especially since I paid crowns to get the hat).

What's the Word, Dworgyn?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
I tested this spell today, again, wondering if it had been fixed. I built up my pips and cast scald. Then I threw incindiate on the very next turn and it did nothing. I would like to use it, could come in handy. Hoping that it works soon.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
thanks, Rowan;

It hasn't been working yet as far as I can tell. thanks for letting me know its just not Me

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
In pvp at my castle the spell didn't appear in his deck in pvp.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Scarlet SilverHear... on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
In pvp at my castle the spell didn't appear in his deck in pvp.
right; it is a no Pvp spell (the icon on the spell card shows that it is not able to be used in any pvp combat).

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
with the Update, glad to see Incindiate is now working Thanks KI