Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Terrible PVP MM

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
THIS IS MY OPINION

And No I didn't have "Try All Opponents" checked
Love this game, love it to death, but I started to PVP and pretty quickly I realized how stupid the PVP Match Making is, I mean I did 20 matches level 35 rank Private, only 2 of those matches we're against privates, yes only 2 and 1 corporal. Other than that it was against Veteran's, Captain's, Commander's and the most common was Warlord's. I understand you're in the same level range but you're talking the lowest PVP rank vs the highest PVP Rank. ( No Skill vs Skill) "oh but it's the same level it's fair and okay." Actually no the gear that high ranks use for PVP is a huge advantage over Private's who barely have any good armor and not because they just don't have it, they literally can't get some good armor because 1. there isn't any good armor for that level. 2. they don't have enough tickets to buy good PVP armor, 3. was crowns. I've literally seen so many low rank warlords take out level 100's no problem, I mean make it so that rank vs that rank or one rank higher, I know it might take longer, but lets say like a Veteran has good decent ticket PVP Gear, and he/she vs a private you know how easy it that fight would be favored towards the Veteran. I know people will comment or say to themselves this guy is an idiot you can beat a warlord or anyone if you do this and that and this, but why am I against that rank, in the first place even when i'm the lowest PVP rank it's literally stupid. All i'm requesting is to make it fair put the same ranks with the same ranks near the same level, it might take a couple minutes more but the fight would actually be a fight not an overkill or a waste of time. Thank you if you took the time to read this, I bet a lot of people will disagree but I just wanted to state my opinion.

Level 120

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Fruity_Mcgruity on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
THIS IS MY OPINION

And No I didn't have "Try All Opponents" checked
Love this game, love it to death, but I started to PVP and pretty quickly I realized how stupid the PVP Match Making is, I mean I did 20 matches level 35 rank Private, only 2 of those matches we're against privates, yes only 2 and 1 corporal. Other than that it was against Veteran's, Captain's, Commander's and the most common was Warlord's. I understand you're in the same level range but you're talking the lowest PVP rank vs the highest PVP Rank. ( No Skill vs Skill) "oh but it's the same level it's fair and okay." Actually no the gear that high ranks use for PVP is a huge advantage over Private's who barely have any good armor and not because they just don't have it, they literally can't get some good armor because 1. there isn't any good armor for that level. 2. they don't have enough tickets to buy good PVP armor, 3. was crowns. I've literally seen so many low rank warlords take out level 100's no problem, I mean make it so that rank vs that rank or one rank higher, I know it might take longer, but lets say like a Veteran has good decent ticket PVP Gear, and he/she vs a private you know how easy it that fight would be favored towards the Veteran. I know people will comment or say to themselves this guy is an idiot you can beat a warlord or anyone if you do this and that and this, but why am I against that rank, in the first place even when i'm the lowest PVP rank it's literally stupid. All i'm requesting is to make it fair put the same ranks with the same ranks near the same level, it might take a couple minutes more but the fight would actually be a fight not an overkill or a waste of time. Thank you if you took the time to read this, I bet a lot of people will disagree but I just wanted to state my opinion.

Level 120
This topic would be more appropriate in the Ravenwood Commons section. The system is not bugged, it is made with certain directives.

There is also the concept of Availability at play.

It is a lot easier to find Warlords at any point in time during the day than privates or veterans. This also has to do with the PvP level you are set up as. Being a level 35 private, as you state, it is no doubt that you will be facing Warlords as Magus PvP is one of the most popular levels to PvP, next to Grandmaster-Legendary and 100-120.

In my experience, as a level 38 storm wizard, although I had triton, I was getting destroyed by Warlords left and right. So I made some observations:

• My level is higher than the popular level ~ 38 > 30
  • Triton is currently my most effective, readily available, attack spell in my deck
  • I have low health at Magus
What can I do to combat this? Level up.

I leveled up 10 more levels so I had Stormzilla and Storm lord available as regular spells. With Stormzilla, I didn't have to worry about pip failing at 5 pips. With Storm lord, I had an attack-stun card. As well, I could enchant both of them to make them even stronger and more effective. Within an hour, I had reached veteran.

Any Warlords I came across were essentially 18 level below me! Now you could say it's unfair for the Warlords, but believe me, they have the experience.

Work on making calculative observations on your own wizard.I know the idea of leveling up to have a chance at PvP seems unfair, but it helps. Remember, availability is also at play so don't wait too long in queue for it to broaden it's search range. If there are more privates, you'll end up fighting them. Vice versa with Warlords.

Hope this helps!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 90+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)