Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
You say save up to 67% on mounts but I do not see even one mount in this sale that's 67% off most of them are still way high price for a permanent mount and not a lot of us can just buy crowns. This is why we buy memberships and most of the time the one we buy doesn't even come with crowns so those are bought separate. Can't you at least make a market where members can buy stuff at discounted crowns prices? I think this would be fair considering I buy a year membership because I can't afford crowns all the time and it would make members feel like you really cared about them getting an actual savings. As well as things like double pet experience (which was way to short by the way it took the 3 days to get the snacks) and gardening I don't do because by the time you announce this it would take to long and be over before I could benefit from it. I think members would feel honored after all been buying year member for years if you could make a special member crowns price that is say half the regular for non members. The benefits aren't so great so I am thinking will just buy crowns and areas the next time I am out of membership.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Fallon1127 on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
You say save up to 67% on mounts but I do not see even one mount in this sale that's 67% off most of them are still way high price for a permanent mount and not a lot of us can just buy crowns. This is why we buy memberships and most of the time the one we buy doesn't even come with crowns so those are bought separate. Can't you at least make a market where members can buy stuff at discounted crowns prices? I think this would be fair considering I buy a year membership because I can't afford crowns all the time and it would make members feel like you really cared about them getting an actual savings. As well as things like double pet experience (which was way to short by the way it took the 3 days to get the snacks) and gardening I don't do because by the time you announce this it would take to long and be over before I could benefit from it. I think members would feel honored after all been buying year member for years if you could make a special member crowns price that is say half the regular for non members. The benefits aren't so great so I am thinking will just buy crowns and areas the next time I am out of membership.
Look closer. The treant mount is 67% off and is best value during mount-a palooza. 5000 crowns for a two-person mount with the original price of 15,000 crowns. As for membership or crowns, my advice is buy only one month membership and buy dungeons with crowns (waterworks, darkmoor etc.) Don't grind dungeons for gear when your membership is active. You can do the dungeons anytime when it has ended without a running, nagging membership because you have purchased them with crowns. Also, saves alot of frustration because we know how the drop rates are :) Obviously, if you only play once or twice a week, having membership is not worth it. In that case, wait for a super crowns sale :)

Defender
May 23, 2009
Fallon1127 on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
Sorry, misread some of your post. I think getting crown shop discounts for members in addition to sales is a great idea. But to encourage players to buy zones, extended double pet/gardening experience should be exclusive to crown players without membership.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
They had a "25 percent off anything in your cart" sale at around the same time the mount sale began.

I see several discount price mounts in the crown shop. The ones listed on the sale page in this website and some other ones also.

I'm sorry that you can't buy crowns if that's what you meant? I know it must be hard to see people having things you want and can't buy. But life is like that everywhere. Maybe those people are sacrificing in other ways to buy things in this game. Doing without better food or not spending on other things like not buying a new outfit or something. Not going to movies.

Look at it like this, there are many in the world who can't even have a computer or the internet. I hope you will win lot of temporary mounts to make up for it.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
TPG Miserie on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
Sorry, misread some of your post. I think getting crown shop discounts for members in addition to sales is a great idea. But to encourage players to buy zones, extended double pet/gardening experience should be exclusive to crown players without membership.
I'm not fond of the idea of giving non members things the members don't get.

If someone is paying for membership plus buying crowns to spend on gear and things they are supporting the game a lot, and shouldn't be penalized for it.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
SparkleTude on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
I'm not fond of the idea of giving non members things the members don't get.

If someone is paying for membership plus buying crowns to spend on gear and things they are supporting the game a lot, and shouldn't be penalized for it.
Exactly my point, I buy a year membership as well as crowns, bundles and cards for crowns but kings isle still charges a lot of crowns for everything. Then they talk of going to my favorite game place Steam, I don't feel they should because Steam is a great community based gaming forum where I personally feel they shouldn't interfere because look at it this way Kings Isle to me is greedy. I buy games in Steam yes, but once bought there are no restrictions and I don't have to rebuy a membership to play the games fully through at any point or time, once bought they are mine to play as often as I wish with no buy backs. Kings Isle on the other hand I have been buying membership for years and years and bundles and crowns and cards and they still want more like they want to suck you dry of hard earned cash. I don't shop for clothes or even buy a lot of stuff I don't need but to me if your going to have a sale have a real sale not just one thing that nobody really wants! All the mounts on sale should have been at least 50% off and maybe a little more off if your a member. I am just saying lets call fair fair and a skinflint a skinflint I have been buying stuff from kings isle for years and years and spent thousands not hundreds of dollars and feel I deserve something for dedication not a double the pet or gardening and in all honesty I am sure a lot of others feel the same. With that said Please Kings Isle make it better for members and worth the efforts. This is why I quit playing for over a year you messed up stats for all the crowns gear I bought and paid for I can't hardly ever find anyone in areas I am questing that can help quest since stats suck now and I am to the point I am losing interest in the game again but play because I bought another year.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Well, I can agree with part of that; the tier of benefits for members who pay every year and then also buy a lot of crowns apart from that, doesn't seem to match the outlay of expenditure on the part of the member.
A crowns player can simply buy crowns, and own the entire game forevermore, but the member must keep paying a yearly membership fee.
I didn't realize that before I became a member. I don't regret it because it does make things simpler overall, but it makes no sense financially, and I'm unsure of what members receive that crowns players do not. It seems minimal.